• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Footer Content Modules for V2.3

tgely

Hi Gergely,

I have put a Skype box in the HFC module and all works fine , but this will give me some problems in the short future as the Skype buttons are not httpS so as soon as i install the ssl on the site it will start to raise safety issues of some sort.

I found that i need to put this code somewere

if ($request_type != 'SSL') {
}

and the question is were , does this go in the footer or sub-footer as there is were i have the Skype box showing up for now or better somewere else?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

ps , the problem with the simple menu was just a corrupted file , it works perfect now!

• 2 weeks later...

Did I miss something in the document or this software package? I have traced through the versions from V1.0 to v1.2 but nothing about that.

I want to do some customization for the following lines of sub_footer.php file, but I cannot find something about ""footerContents" for my change.

sub_footer.php:18:<div id="footerContents" class="container_24">

sub_footer.php:30:<div id="footerContents" class="container_24">

It will be appreciated, if someone can show me the pointer for "footerContents" to change the background color or background image through this "footerContents". Or I have to D.I.Y. in my stylesheet.css?

Yan, :x

YaNotCook !!

• 1 month later...

Hi Gergely,

It`s a very good idea and a great addon you`ve made. I installed all that is needed and it seems to work although I`m not a genius in PHP. I would like to modify this Addon. Maybe you can give me a hint how i could develop simple menu. The following: You have the Manufacturers integrated into simple menu. I`d like to do the same with the Categories and integrate them into simple menu. For me and maybe some others it would be much more important to have the Categories in the menu.

Maybe you or someone else can give me a hint or a solution how I could accomplish it.

I`d be very very grateful.

• 1 month later...

Hello Gergely,

Great Add-On! Many thanks. Its working "mostly" well in my OSC v2.3 site. The only issue I have is with the sub_footer on "certain" but not all pages. The main index page works well and most others do also, however some pages, sometimes display incorrectly. I thought that it might have to do with the spacing from the main body within the page, but now I am not so sure. Could this just be an issue with the grid system? I am using standard OSC template slightly modified. I also have another "modular front page" add installed and wonder if that might be conflicting? Strange thing is home/index page always works fine. Single product info pages always work fine. But other pages like New Products or Show my Cart or Shopping Cart pages don't display correctly. I've included a few screen shots that might help.

http://postimage.org/image/45hirnzl1/

http://postimage.org/image/pm7dy8sc7/

http://postimage.org/image/kx4jmxt9r/

http://postimage.org/image/hujuwbn2r/

Would appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks!

@@wauger

do you use "table" or "div"-s in footer? It look like div.

well, you need to use "alpha" for first and "omega" class for third div.

I see this is table system. Look after grid columns and you will see that table is not stable.

I use divs at this moment:

<div class="container_24">
<div class="grid_8"></div>
</div>

Edited by Gergely

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

@@wauger

insert before:

<div id="footerContents" class="container_24">

this code:

<div class="clear"></div>

osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

@@Gergely

Thank you! That seems to have worked, now these pages are displaying properly! I really appreciate the help.

So the issue was that the previous <div> tags, perhaps from other add-ons, were not closing or being cleared properly?

Thanks again. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

• 4 weeks later...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CLASS in /home/test/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/header_footer_contents/hfc_information.php on line 1

i have fresh install v2.3.3 and i install v1.2 Full package....any fix ?

please can you help so i can move on !

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CLASS in /home/test/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/header_footer_contents/hfc_information.php on line 1

i have fresh install v2.3.3 and i install v1.2 Full package....any fix ?

please can you help so i can move on !

I fix it after i calm down a bit

when i open hfc_information.php big surprise the all code waz mess up ...i don't know why this happen, i will upload a ss

1sfx9j.jpg

i copy the original content over the code and i fix the problem , but i don't know why this happen....till now all works fine !

I fix it after i calm down a bit

when i open hfc_information.php big surprise the all code waz mess up ...i don't know why this happen, i will upload a ss

http://i48.tinypic.com/1sfx9j.jpg[/img]

i copy the original content over the code and i fix the problem , but i don't know why this happen....till now all works fine !

@@madbusu

Maybe the linux/windows line end standards handled bad.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

i managed to install the HFC 1.2 with all preconditions. Now i don't know how to create the menu even when i create something with he menu maker, i have no result on my frontpage. Could someone help me please?

Edited by reflex77

Hi,

i have installed HFC_menu_1.2 with all requirements in OSC 2.3.3. Thanks God everything works fine. I am able to create menu and link simple pages link contact, shipping etc...

But when it commes to link categories (cat 1, cat2......catx), i can not manage to do that. could someone help?

Thanks in advance

• 4 months later...

Hi

I have just installed V1.2 of HFC and Simple Menu 1.2 and SF Menu (menu maker) on V2.3.3 However when I go to install the module, Simple Menu I get

ERROR : Need to instal admin module first.

I thought I took great care doing the install, but I must have missed something.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to correct

Many thanks

Grandpa

(This has also been posted elsewhere but in the wrong forum)

Edited by grandpaj

Hi

Made a we mistake in previous post. Error message should read

ERROR: Need to install admin installer first.

Many thanks

Grandpa

• 2 weeks later...

I installed this great addon the first time on a modded shop and I got double shop logo, breadcrumb etc...

I thought that's was due of one of the codechanges I already make, but today I installed it on a FRESH OSC 2.3.3 with only spanish language added and I see the same error. I used ALL the files of the package. Look at picture.

error.jpg

@

You can delete the reflected codes in the header.php or you can switch off the non wanted modules.

Thanks Toth,

I found the code to delete in the meantime but know I can not adjust the CSS fot the logo. Don't matter, it's a good easy addon for most user but I delete it.

regards

Kozak

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Installed this contrubution without any probs on my localhost by when moved to live got error reported early here

found the same issue with hfc_store_logo.php and hfc_manufacturers.php, all other files are 'OK for

install

any idea how to sort?

PS. spaces are not the reason

Edited by leveera

@@leveera

could you post here the /home/test/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/header_footer_contents/hfc_information.php file?