• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Footer Content Modules for V2.3

tgely

Hi Gergely,

I got the search box and the 3 shortcut buttons showing up now but i can not seem to alter the order in wich they show , i want to have the 3 shortcut buttons at the top and under that the search box ( wich i would like to be just above the picture for the categories).

I have tried various settings in sortnumber and positions to force them to show up like i want but it doesn´t seem to work.

Also, do you have any idea why the header that shows up on the index page does not show up on the other pages??

Many thanks in advance,

Gr. Rob

Also a funny one is that when i place the cart in the same line , but with a higher number as the breadcrumbs , it shows up above the breadcrumbs and not to the right of it.

Now i got:

Shortcuts: 1

Cart : 2

Search: 3

And here you can see how that looks.

As some extra info , after the first install i took everything out again and installed it again to make sure everything was were it should be.

Gr, Rob

Edited by CrazyCarzCustoms

The modules may appear out of order if one or more of them is wider than the space available to show it. I had to play with the widths in sub_header.php to get my search bar to behave. Well, sort of behave — it still doesn't want to align right. CSS is a pain sometimes.

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hi Jim

CSS will be a pain if you are a noob like me!! but hey ho , it´s all fun ;-)

So , after your last post i dove straight into the sub-header file ..............no CSS there to play with :-( , no widths also , just the grid reference and that is all , very confuseling for me ;-)

Now i asume that i have to put some css in this part right?

<div class="grid_8"> 
<?php
 if ($oscTemplate->hasBlocks('header_contents_right')) {
   echo $oscTemplate->getBlocks('header_contents_right');
 }
?>
 </div>

Because that is were i want the search to be , right?

Gr,

Rob

I just found out that the original breadcrumb thing was still active and that gave me a double line with two breadcrumbs so i deleted that in Header.php

&--#60;div class="grid_24 ui-widget infoBoxContainer"&--#62;
 &--#60;div class="ui-widget-header infoBoxHeading"&--#62;&--#60;?php echo '&nbsp;&nbsp;' . $breadcrumb-&--#62;trail(' &raquo; '); ?&--#62;&--#60;/div&--#62;
&--#60;/div&--#62;

I hope i didn´t mess things up by deleting it !

But could it be a indication of something not being installed correctly ?

By the way , sorry for all the question and thanks very much for your help and time!

Gr, Rob

Hi Jim,

Like i said , i have no idea what i am talking about but looking in the categories-images.php file there is this:

if ($PHP_SELF == 'index.php' && $cPath == '') {
    $categories_content = '<!-- Categories Images BOF -->' . "\n";
    if (MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_FRONT_TITLE != '') {
	  $categories_content .= '  <h2>' . MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_CATEGORIES_IMAGES_FRONT_TITLE . '</h2>' . "\n";

wich is pointing at the index page ( i think ) , and when i change that for sub_header.php or header.php the categorie images disapear from the front page.

Could this be a clue about why they do not show up on the other pages ?

Gr, Rob

Hi Jim

CSS will be a pain if you are a noob like me!! but hey ho , it´s all fun ;-)

So , after your last post i dove straight into the sub-header file ..............no CSS there to play with :-( , no widths also , just the grid reference and that is all , very confuseling for me ;-)

Now i asume that i have to put some css in this part right?

<div class="grid_8"> 
<?php
 if ($oscTemplate->hasBlocks('header_contents_right')) {
echo $oscTemplate->getBlocks('header_contents_right');
 }
?>
 </div>

Because that is were i want the search to be , right?

Gr,

Rob

Please ignore this post as i need to find that for myself , was a stupid question when you have a whole forum to read from!! ;-)

Wel , Jim has already answered my questions somewere else and this was the problem:

if ($PHP_SELF == 'index.php' && $cPath == '') {

needs to be : if (true) {

Thats all.

Thanks again for all the help to Jim.

Rob

I installed HFC and when I turned on the cache I received a message:

Call to undefined function tep_cache_menu_module() in C:\wamp\www\btp\includes\modules\header_footer_contents\hfc_menu.php on line 125

tep_cache_menu_module

I can not find anywhere function tep_cache_menu_module

Hi

I would like to know if it is possible to make just one grid wider , like 8-grid header right , my problem is that when somebody logs in on the site the button that says " log out" moves under the other shortcuts and above my search , and i would like to make that shortcuts row a 4 or even 5 button wide row.

Many thanks in advance,

Rob

I installed HFC and when I turned on the cache I received a message:

Call to undefined function tep_cache_menu_module() in C:\wamp\www\btp\includes\modules\header_footer_contents\hfc_menu.php on line 125

tep_cache_menu_module

I can not find anywhere function tep_cache_menu_module

You mean you have a hfc_menu.php ??

@@jost

Hi, you have to install all menu module. Menu module is more compicated and need some file modifications.

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

@@CrazyCarzCustoms

If you would like to change grids modify the sub_header.php or sub_footer.php file. The base grid system use 8+8+8=24 grids

Edit this

class="grid_8"

to:

class="grid_9"

for wider

but you need to keep the grid summaries 24 so another grid column need less:

class="grid_7"

At this moment 8+9+7=24

osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

@@kymation

Hi Jim,

I figured some modifications in my shop where I could change base index side modularity with grid system. I use your front page by grids and there are no tables now.

The main problem were in template grid buildings so I changed hardly.

The basic HFC package has some critical bugs too and need to fix later.

Regards,

Gergely

I've been getting rid of the tables where possible as I update things. The grid system makes it easier, but it can be tricky if you use modules and you want the modules to (optionally) be either side-by-side or over-under.

Regards

Jim

Hi Gergely,

Another question , I want to install HeaderTags SEO and at some point i need to put code into the header.php , like this:

FIND:
<div id="header" class="grid_24">
ADD ABOVE:
<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
if (HEADER_TAGS_DISPLAY_PAGE_TOP_TITLE == 'true') {
?>
<div style="text-align:center; color:#aaa; font-size:10px;"><?php echo $header_tags_array['title']; ?></div>
<?php
}
/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/
?>
FIND:
 <div id="storeLogo"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'store_logo.png', STORE_NAME) . '</a>'; ?></div>
REPLACE with:
 <?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>
 <div id="storeLogo"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'store_logo.png', (tep_not_null($header_tags_array['logo_text']) ? $header_tags_array['logo_text'] : STORE_NAME)) . '</a>'; ?></div>
 <?php /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

Can you help me with how to merge this into the Header Footer Contents contribution please , i have been looking in the various file but i can´t find anything as to were to put it and i am totaly lost at the moment.

Reg,

Rob

You need to put that code into the Store Logo module. Or just use the Modular SEO Header Tags instead, and not have to make that modification.

Regards

Jim

You need to put that code into the Store Logo module. Or just use the Modular SEO Header Tags instead, and not have to make that modification. Regards Jim

Hi Jim

Thanks for your response , now at least i got some direction of were to go as i was already looking in the sub-header file ;-)

Question: you say that i can use the Modular SEO Header Tags instead so i don´t have to make that modification. Sounds interesting but i am totaly lost now ( or most probably already was ) but were can i find these Header Tags , are they in the same file ?

Gr. Rob

See the link below.

Regards

Jim

You mean install Modular SEO Header Tags....? might do that as now it is a mess , just 2 days work for the cats *rse.........

Hi,

Another question , i have the module "extra information pages" installed but that only pops up in the left column , wich i do not have so i want it to display in the footer line together with the rest of the info pages.

I found in hfc.information.php these lines:

$data = '<div class="clear"></div>';
    $data .= '<hr />' .
		    '  <div id="infoHeader">' .
		    '    <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS) . '">' . MODULE_HEADER_FOOTER_CONTENTS_INFORMATION_SPECIALS . '</a> ' .
		    '    <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING) . '">' . MODULE_HEADER_FOOTER_CONTENTS_INFORMATION_SHIPPING . '</a> ' .
		    '    <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRIVACY) . '">' . MODULE_HEADER_FOOTER_CONTENTS_INFORMATION_PRIVACY . '</a> ' .
		    '    <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONDITIONS) . '">' . MODULE_HEADER_FOOTER_CONTENTS_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS . '</a> ' .
		    '    <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . MODULE_HEADER_FOOTER_CONTENTS_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a>' .
		    '</div>' .
		    '<hr />';
    $data .= '<div class="clear"></div>';

and in the "bm.extrainfopage.php i have found this code:

function bm_extrainfopage() {
  $this->title = MODULE_BOXES_EXTRAINFOPAGE_TITLE;
  $this->description = MODULE_BOXES_EXTRAINFOPAGE_DESCRIPTION;
  if ( defined('MODULE_BOXES_EXTRAINFOPAGE_STATUS') ) {
    $this->sort_order = MODULE_BOXES_EXTRAINFOPAGE_SORT_ORDER;
    $this->enabled = (MODULE_BOXES_EXTRAINFOPAGE_STATUS == 'True');
    $this->group = ((MODULE_BOXES_EXTRAINFOPAGE_CONTENT_PLACEMENT == 'Left Column') ? 'boxes_column_left' : 'boxes_column_right');
  }
   }

My question is , how can i make bm.extrainfopage.php show up in the Header footer content module so i can make extra info pages in my footer.

I hope this is a wee bit clear.

Many thanks in advance.

Gr. Rob

Hi Gergely

Ihave a question about the Simple Menu :

I installed all that is needed and it seems to work but with two little problems:

1) in de menumaker menu i can not delete or change the sequense in wich i want to show the categories.

2) when i put in the first categorie item (parent) and then put some other categories (child) under that , wich i give the correct parent number , the child categories do not show under the parent categorie i assined them to but under the manufacturers categorie as a grand child categorie.

You can see it here: click

As you can see the Manufacturers categorie has the child categorie and on the first child categorie it has another one wich should be under the first categorie.

I checked my files 4 times and read thru the whole post but i can´t find anything that tells me were to look.

Many thanks in advance,

Rob