• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Footer Content Modules for V2.3

tgely

Hi,

this is support and development forum of Header Footer Content Modules contribution for osCommerce V2.3.1.

Admin can install and configure modules into header or footer as like Boxes. Menus, articles, RSS, categories, banners or other contents can listed in sort orders.

XHTML stucture:

SHOP HEADER

Header Left Header Center Header Right

Header line

CONTENTS

FOOTER

Footer line

Footer Left Footer Center Footer Right

BANNERS

3 basic content modules packed: currencies, languages and search.

Modularity gives free styles.

Cheers,

Gergely

Edited by Gergely

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Probably this one.

This looks good. I'm all in favor of making osCommerce modular. Now all we have to do is the rest of the pages. I have some of them already done, if I ever get the time to release them.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hi

where is this addon?? please

Francois

Sorry my post was late.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8165

osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Hi Gergely,

Its a very good idea and i think a great addon you ve made, but i have a problem. It is not working !!!

I am working on a very heavy modified store using 2.3 version and i ve tried both your versions already but with the same results

When i activate one module, lets say Languages, my catalog side goes blank ! In addition, i cannot understand what you mean by the following instructions, since i have the same results in admin side, with both versions ( 1.0 and 1.1 ) :

Fixes:

1. Wrong text in setting modules. Should the module be loaded in the header or the footer position?

Edited by 29gk

Hi Gergely,

Its a very good idea and i think a great addon you ve made, but i have a problem. It is not working !!!

I am working on a very heavy modified store using 2.3 version and i ve tried both your versions already but with the same results

When i activate one module, lets say Languages, my catalog side goes blank ! In addition, i cannot understand what you mean by the following instructions, since i have the same results in admin side, with both versions ( 1.0 and 1.1 ) :

Hi,

maybe something wrong with installation. This will be difficult to say the problem without error messages. The admin side blank page is very intresting.

Which language do you use? Do you use UTF8 files in your shop?

The fixes not edit critical problem. If you copy new modules files again not need to change something only reinstall modules again.

Regards,

Gergely

Edited by Gergely

OK, false alarm. It was mine problem, since the languages and currencies boxes conflicted with an other addon so you ve helped me to correct that issue.

I would like to ask you 2 things. Is it possible to add more than these 4 boxes and if we can add one or 2 infoboxes into the header navigation bar also ?

Edited by 29gk

Yes, these 4 modules (at now 6) and others can use. I hope as soon as possible other developers will do extra modules. It is very easy to add a new thing and Breadcrumb line can implemented by this way too.

At this moment I need more information to build templates for Header Footer Content Modules. I think it would be great to select more templates for header or footer.

Which modules would you like to use in breadcrumb line and how separate them?

Hi!

nice contribution !

do you have any ideas how to add some flags for currencies instead of simple text ?

Thx!

Hi,

do you use http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5800 this contribution or which one?

Yes, these 4 modules (at now 6) and others can use. I hope as soon as possible other developers will do extra modules. It is very easy to add a new thing and Breadcrumb line can implemented by this way too.

At this moment I need more information to build templates for Header Footer Content Modules. I think it would be great to select more templates for header or footer.

Which modules would you like to use in breadcrumb line and how separate them?

I saw your new file with the 6 addons and i ve updated my installation. Thanks.

On the other matter this is what i am trying to do:

1) Totally remove the breadcrumb text - --> done

2) Place a search box with a small search button on the far right side of the bar ---> done

3) Place only the language flags on the far left side ---> not done

I am not using your code for the search box, but this one :

<script type="text/javascript">

$("#headerShortcuts").buttonset();

</script>

</div>

<?php include_once(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sub_header.php'); ?>

<div class="grid_24 ui-widget infoBoxContainer">

<div class="ui-widget-header infoBoxHeading "><ul id="breadcrumb"><?php //echo $breadcrumb->trail(' » '); ?></ul>

<?php // Search

echo tep_draw_form('quick_find', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT, '', $request_type, false), 'get') ,

' <div style="text-align: right;">' .

' ' . tep_draw_input_field('keywords', '', 'value="Search...." onFocus="javascript:this.value=\'\'" size="20" id="search" maxlength="30" style="width: ' . (BOX_WIDTH-90) . 'px; background: #c0c0c0; color: #000000;font: tahoma; font-size:9;" ') . ' ' . tep_draw_hidden_field('search_in_description', '1') . tep_hide_session_id() . tep_image_submit('button_quick_find.gif', BOX_HEADING_SEARCH, 'align="top"') . '</form>';

// Search ?>

</div>

</div>

Now, my problem is that i cannot keep into the same line the flags and the small search box without doubling the head navigation bar height.

Thats why i hoped your addon would had one more placement.

Try this, but need place holders for positioning. For example grid classes.

<div class="grid_24 ui-widget infoBoxContainer">
<div class="ui-widget-header infoBoxHeading">
<?php // Search
echo tep_draw_form('quick_find', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT, '', $request_type, false), 'get') ,
' <div style="text-align: right;">' .
' ' . tep_draw_input_field('keywords', '', 'value="Search...." onFocus="javascript:this.value=\'\'" size="20" id="search" maxlength="30" style="width: ' . (BOX_WIDTH-90) . 'px; background: #c0c0c0; color: #000000;font: tahoma; font-size:5;" ') . ' ' . tep_draw_hidden_field('search_in_description', '1') . tep_hide_session_id() . tep_image_submit('button_quick_find.gif', BOX_HEADING_SEARCH, 'align="top"') . '</form></div>';
// Search ?>
</div>
</div>

Cornel,

I asked this because Burt contribution good for it but not confom with osCommerce v2.3.1. First you need to port this contribution to v2.3.1. Header Footer Content Modules is only a chance to use other contributions as extras.

Or other possibility if makes some changes in includes/modules/header_footer_contents/hfc_currencies.php by your way. I notes your request. If Burt or somebody will port similar contribution we can do it.

Now I give you the future code:

includes/modules/header_footer_contents/hfc_currencies.php

Change:

$currencies_array[] = array('id' => $key, 'text' => $value['title']);
	    $data .=  ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('currency')) . 'currency=' . $key, $request_type) . '">' . $key . '</a>';

To:

$currencies_array[] = array('id' => $key, 'text' => $value['title']);
	    $data .=  ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('currency')) . 'currency=' . $key, $request_type) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/' . $value['currencies_image'], $value['title']) .  '</a>';

Hi,

Latest Base and extend Modules in actions. http://oscom.hu/images/header_footer_modules/header_footer_modules_extends_in_action.jpg

Edited by Gergely

Hi,

ive been trying to install this addon.. i followed the instructions on the file given.. but i dont see any option to install the module in the admin area?

after making the php changes.. how do i install it?

thanks

outside links are not allowed in signatures

Hi,

ive been trying to install this addon.. i followed the instructions on the file given.. but i dont see any option to install the module in the admin area?

after making the php changes.. how do i install it?

thanks

Hi,

Look at admin site Modules>Header-Footer Content Module->Install Module button.

Regards,

Gergely

I dont see any option there about this module.

what to do now?

Did you copy new files to calalog folder? If you renamed the admin mappa you need to copy admin mappa contents to your new named place.

aren't we suppose to add some links in admin area on left panel? or entries in filenames.php?

Modularity means that.

osCommerce v2.3 has modular ability so you dont need edit something. CFG modules use automatic mechanism. The modular and configuration boxes not use traditional filenames.php file.

Be carefull with admin pathname. Only one rule is the using correct admin path for copy files. I have a new module contribution system where dont need to edit anything at admin site and user can install most favourite contributions like module addons. I will post later.

Edited by Gergely

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here comes the language bug again: I got the "Cannot redeclare class languages..." error when the htc_languages.php module is installed. I managed to fix it for my installation by changing line 56 of the module file from

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'language.php');

to

include_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'language.php');

Past experience tells me that this will work on some installations and not on others. The determining factors are still unknown.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 3 weeks later...