• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Hide Continue button if no shipping address is registered

bikey77

Recently I had to delete all customer shipping addresses from the table address_book and now I'm receiving orders from returning customers that have no shipping address, apparently because they are used to clicking on "Continue" and fly by the shipping & billing address pages.

Although I've added a noticeable message on each page telling them to make sure that they have entered their address, I'm still getting blank data from some orders.

Could someone kindly tell me how I could hide the continue buttons on the checkout pages and instead, prompt the users to click the "Add shipping address" button?

By default, the shipping address is the billing address unless the customer chooses to change it. There is always a shipping address, so creating a flag to ensure a shipping address is entered it redundant.

Because you manually deleted addresses from your database, you created an error in the system. As suggested before when you asked this question, you should have deleted ALL of the customer information so they could create a NEW account with shipping address. I suspect this is what you will have to do to correct the problem.

Chris

Archived