• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

cannot modify addresses

justinswa

OCS ver 2.2. When logged in as a customer and I go to My Account and try and edit an address, the URL shows as

https://mysite.net/~mysite//catalog/address_book_process.php?edit=37&osCsid=59e291af8226345b4d2b5eb66d33f293

And it just hangs.

Same problem if I try and delete and address.

Replacing address_book_process.php doesn't solve it so I'm guessing it is a problem with the sessionid, but everything else seem to work fine using sid's

Any ideas much appreciated...

a special module is available to remove the sid's, simply follow the instruction and you will be able to remove the session ids.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

a special module is available to remove the sid's, simply follow the instruction and you will be able to remove the session ids.

Please can you tell me where I can get this module to test? If I remove sids is it likely to mess up other things?

Please can you tell me where I can get this module to test? If I remove sids is it likely to mess up other things?

Removing the OSCID is just asking for problems. I know some developers do remove them from the URL but on a properly configured site, the OSCID 'hides' itself after a couple of clicks so personally I don't remove them.

Chris

force cookies to true and that will sort.

Make sure you have configured cookies right else it will display cookies page.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Haven't made any progress here. Still not working... Can't really understand why everything else on the site works fine with sid's except the the address_book_process.php file....

Forcing cookies didn't work for me. I use shared ssl and think I have the wrong value COOKIE_DOMAIN and COOKIE_PATH in my config file although I don't know how to work out what these should be. The site is tying to display cookie_usage.php but I removed that file a while ago as it seemed to be a "hackers console"

worked this one out. In case it helps anyone else:

In the file includes/languages/english/address_book_process.php, there is a line right at the bottom:

define('ERROR_ADDRESS_BOOK_FULL', 'Your address book is full. Please remove an address you don't need to save a new one.');

The apostrophe was breaking the site so needed removing. I guess you only get this problem when you have reached 5 addresses in you address book and try to modify or delete any addresses.

What a lot of bother for a sloppy bit of code........

Archived