• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

account_password.php hits 403 after server move

velvetpixel

I moved my site to a new server. I used a scp for the files and almost everything is fine.

The only issue I am running up against is when a customer is in their account and clicks the "Change My Account Password" link they get hit with a 403 and a "You don't have permission to access /catalog/account_password.php on this server.". I was not seeing any specific errors in the logs and changing permissions on the /catalog/account_password.php file has no affect.

I did find that if I comment out Redirectmatch 403 password\. in the oscommerce root .htaccess that the error goes away.

What is causing this and what are next steps to fix.

Cameron,

Obviously the .htaccess is incorrectly configured. Make changes to it to allow for the functionality of the website.

Chris

Just focus on your htaccess rules as thats resulting in an internal rewrite or redirect.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

The rewrites are part of Ultimate SEO V2.2d I will ask the contributor of that for further information. I am not going to remove it if it creates any security issues that I am unaware of without verifying with the dev first.

I took this site over a few weeks ago from someone who abandoned it and am working on getting it upgraded to 2.3.1 :)

Archived