• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to add a holiday message to say we are closed

kingnpuk

Hi there, I normally get my web designer to do small changes to the site however he is on holiday for a couple of weeks and I too am on holiday next week so need add a message to say all orders will be processed after a week

Is there a way that I can have a box pop up to display this or even add it in large font to the homepage?

I am quite a competent computer user but I just have never used the backend of oscommerce except to look at customer orders and add a few items. Thank you in advance

There is a Holiday Message add-on for both 2.2 and 2.3.1 which allows this to be done on a number of pages at once e.g. contact page, product info page, checkout page, etc other than that you will need to open your index file in catalog/includes/languages/english and add your message manually after:

define('TEXT_MAIN', '

I'd suggest:

<strong>We are on holiday for the next week all orders made during this time will be processed when we get back</strong><br /><br />

The strong will put it in bold and the 2 br will put a line break between the message and your normal text

My store is currently running Phoenix 1.0.3.0

I'm currently working on 1.0.7.2 and hope to get it live before 1.0.8.0 arrives (maybe 🙄 )

I used to have a list of add-ons here but I've found that with the ones that supporters of Phoenix get any other add-ons are not really neccessary

I am on my admin page but under Catalog I only have the below categories and not includes/languages etc

Categories/Products

Products Attributes

Manufacturers

Reviews

Specials

Products Expected

Discount Coupons

Actually I got into the index file and made the changes but it doesn't show anything, interestingly it says on the index file:

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'This is a default setup of osCommerce Online Merchant. Products shown are for demonstrational purposes. <b>Any products purchased will not be delivered nor will the customer be billed</b>. Any information seen on these products is to be treated as fictional.<br><br><table border="0" width="100%"

But this is not displayed on my home page

Nitsh,

If you have a commercial template or have altered the index.php file, then you may not have TEXT_MAIN included in your index.php

Chris

Archived