• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contact Us

I have just started using Version 2.3.1. and find it fairly intuitive. However, I arranged for a friend to send a message as a 'Contact Us' test and although his message is registered in the Action Recorder I can't find the message itself. He did not make a purchase, just sent a message. Can anybody tell me where it is! Thanks.

Mervyn

Mervyn,

Messages are NOT recorded in the database, they are sent directly using sendmail.

Chris

Thanks Chris. Much appreciated.

Mervyn

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, newly registered after spending 2 days setting up my webshop onto OSCommerce (switched from Joomla/Virtuemart combo). All is working well except the Contact Us form, like the poster above.

The screen says:

Your enquiry has been successfully sent to the Store Owner.

So it seems to be sending the message, and the Action Recorder is showing as a successful send, but it is never arriving with me.

I have sending method set in Admin : Config : Email Options to be Sendmail, but I know my hosting tends to use non-standard paths for modules so I suspect that may be the cause. But, I can't find where to set the path to Sendmail in the Admin section... (I had to change the path to CURL, which is what makes me suspect Sendmail). Is the Sendmail path used by OS Commerce hard-coded somewhere? If so, can anyone tell me where please?

Or is it another problem entirely?

I see I can opt for SMTP instead, but I can't find where to set the SMTP options in the Admin area either. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

I've just successfully used the social media option "send this to a friend" as a logged in user, and that's worked properly, so the issue isn't sendmail. So something in the Contact Us form isn't working properly.

Doh, ignore my last 2 posts, I've just realised that the email address it was going to was on the old account and hadn't been ported over to the new one! I need either more coffee or more sleep! crying.gif

Archived