• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How can I load model # instead of input form?

smartwork

In this section of the admin/categories.php where you add a product, how can I load a value instead of having it entered

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_MODEL; ?></td>
           <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('products_model', $pInfo->products_model); ?></td>

I want to load a variable $sku_number into products model.

Thank you.

I want to load a variable $sku_number into products model.

you will need to edit the mysql database, add the code to handle and pass/store the variable into database.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Thanks for the reply. I can do that, but perhaps I need to supply more info.

I want to load the value from $sku_number initially because I'm going to have the system generate the number. After that's done for the product installation, I want to retain the ability to edit it later if needed. So, when the $action = "new_product", I want to load from $sku_number, and when $action = "update" I want the input form to appear with the value preloaded (which is the normal process).

This isn't correct, but this is essentially what I need to happen for the first part: $pInfo->model_number = $sku_number by replacing the input form for my first scenario. I don't know how to make that happen.

Archived