• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Database Error?

Mort-lemur

Hi,

I have copied a site to another server and now get a 500 error when trying to access the admin.

The error log in cpanel shows me :

File does not exist: /home/user/public_html/500.shtml, referer: http://www.mysite.co.uk/admin/configuration.php?gID=1&selected_box=configuration

Is this showing me an error somwhere in the database?

Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

First and foremost is rename admin and htaccess protect it.

osCommerce had been hacked previously in most cases by getting into admin without login.

For 500 internal server error.You need to check whats confliction.

Might be some wrong configuration. So check configure.php.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Thanks Satish,

The admin is already renamed and protected with all the security mods.

Anyone know what the conflict may be?

Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

I would guess its a .htaccess error where the directory to your htpasswd file has changed. Open your .htaccess file and see where its saying the password file is located at. Also make sure you have updated both your configuration.php files. :)

Hope that helps.

Don,

You are an absolute star !!

The password path was incorrect in admin/.htaccess - Corrected that and it works great.

Thank you so very very much

Archived