• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Feedback on my NASA store.

demastermind

Hello,

My site is almost up and running. It will be ready before the end of this month. Can you please constructively criticize my store and tell me whats good and bad about it? It sells NASA themed clothing. I know the home page of my website is kind of bare and that the product attributes do not yet show up in the shopping cart info box, but tell me what you think. Here is a tiny url with preview to my store: http://preview.tinyurl.com/3b9s2rd

Thanks very much, Luc

My Installed Contributions:

1. Ultimate SEO URLs V 2-2.2d-X

2. Quantity Box on Product Info Page

3. httpbl4osc Version 1.1.0

4. QTpro for osc 2.3

5. Header Tags SEO V 3.0 (For 2.3)

6. DHTML State Selection for 2.3.1

And Good To Know:

I use a 960gs fluid style sheet.

I do have a honey pot on my website.

Store Version: 2.3

“Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever."

- Lance Armstrong

OK, I checked out your site. Here's my thoughts-

The shop looks like a standard osC shop with just a few tweaks.

I would change your front page so you don't have to click on "shop" to buy things. Everything you are doing on the non-store side can be done on the store side.

The gradient you have used on the graphics doesn't match with the blues you are using and doesn't look very professional.

I would come up with a color scheme that is not so much in-your-face (maybe use the blues as accents instead of the main colors).

The header store logo doesn't look professional.

Lose the welcome message with the login or create account message. Nobody is coming to your shop to login or create an account, they are coming to buy something!

Try looking around at some other shops on the web that are maybe similar to get some ideas for a more professional look. People need to feel comfortable in order to want to purchase from you. Buyer confidence is really important.

Matt

Matt

Archived