• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

A question about multiple Product Attributes, some help please.

Acknowledeged74

Hi

I have set up 'ring size' as a 'Product Option' then added a to z and z+1 to z+6, so 32 'Product Values' in total.

I have quite a few rings and we will be having many more which all need 'all' of these options, (some with a fixed or reversible option).

I've never done this before and adding individually, they are coming out in any old order for the actually Product page dropdown options, and of course it take quite a while, am I missing a trick here ?

Any pointers will be great thanks.

Ash

post-216146-0-87715300-1313491969_thumb.gif

This really seems like something that should be a standard feature of the software to start with, I've used other E commerce type packages before and they were.

Seriously you add something and it puts it in any old order its chooses ? So most people must have say Sm, med, lge, Xlge and so on, so nearly everyone must have this problem, that such a surprise ?

I really appreciate the answer DunWeb and I have downloaded the link, but its not like a simple Wordpress plugin, you have to change the database, and add in and change code. There thousands of people who will be using Osc. because its meant to do everything for you already, and this is such a standard E commerce option.

OK so there is no automatic way either alphabetically or by the order you add them, to order the drop down options ?

OK I've changed the product_info.php and general.php files as described, then installation instructions for the 'Attribute Sort order and clone tool' also say:

* Database *

Run the included "attribute_sort.sql" OR insert line below

using phpMyAdmin or comparable software...

ALTER TABLE products_attributes ADD COLUMN attribute_sort INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

-------------

I really don't know how this is done. I have accessed phpMyAdmin see attached where does:

ALTER TABLE products_attributes ADD COLUMN attribute_sort INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

go ?

Really appreciate your help with this.

Regards

Conrad

--

post-216146-0-07566400-1313575743_thumb.gif

Ashley,

The .SQL file that wasn't in the download is the same as what is in the instructions. So, use phpmyadmin to access the database, choose the SQL tab and paste the statement into the window. Click GO to alter the database.

Chris

Ashley,

You can add Attribute Sort order and clone tool which will allow you to copy one products attributes to ONE or MANY other products. It also allows you to add a sorting value in case the attributes don't display in the order you want them to.

Chris

Chris you kindly advised me to use this addon, but it doesn't seem to be working, I would appreciate a little guidance please.

Archived