• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Pictures changes with language ?

ecigaxc

Hi,

so I would like to know if it is possible that all the pictures of my templates (like header for example) changes when the cust change the language ? Is there a way to do that ?

My version of os commerce: 2.2rc2a-fr_full_v1.1

Worry about site security first.

Visit the link below:

How to Secure Your Site

Pay close attention to "SECURING THE ADMIN" - Yours is vulnerable.

If you do nothing it will get hacked, today, tomorrow, next week, next month, no one can say for sure.

But it WILL happen.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

you need to put your image directory in

includes/languages/LANGUAGE/ folder

and have to change the path of the image which you want to change

like instead of calling image from images directory (i.e. images/xyz.jpg) you have to call image from (includes/languages/YOURLANGUAGE/images/xyz.jpg)

this path you have to change..

different images for different languages...

Please take backup of your files before do changes suggested by me

Sorry but it didn't work... I think that my issue is about "path", I don't really understand what you means by path...

Do you mean that I've to change for example the code of "header.php" ?

For example, if I want to change the picture "learn_more.jpg", what do I have to change to my header.php ?

(I attached my header.php document if it can help you to help me ^^)

Thanks for your help, it's really really nice from you.

header.php

Sorry I replied to this subject before read the other one:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/378679-language-and-currencies-boxes-issue/

And seriously man, you are just awesome, I don't know how to thanks you ! THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS.

(please send me your bank informations by mail: [email protected] and in a few weeks, if my business is working well, you will have a little surpise from me ^^ because you seriously diserve it !)

Thanks 100 times my friend.

Ok this is working with pictures like "learn_more.jpg" but that is not working with picture like "hdr_bg2.jpg" (not the same kind of code).

What can I do to change pictures like hdr_bg2.jpg ?

Ok this is working with pictures like "learn_more.jpg" but that is not working with picture like "hdr_bg2.jpg" (not the same kind of code).

is it in css?

if yes then you have to change css..

like remove code from css and place it in to <td style="WHATEVER YOUR CODE">

i think its called inline css..

i think this is your css code

background: url("../images/hdr_bg2.jpg") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;

in your css

if you want to change hdr_bg2jpg language wise then put the image in includes/languages/LANGUAGE/images/

and call it like..

<td style=" background: url("<?php echo DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/images/hdr_bg2.jpg'; ?>") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;" >

try that..

Didn't work:

Or I did a mistake or the code is not exactly like you thought in my template (so that's why I will put the 2 documents that concerns this picture in the attached files, please check them).

The two lines concerns by this picture (hdr_bg2) are:

- in header.php document: <td class="hdr_bg2">

- in template_style.css document: .hdr_bg2 { height:189px; background:url("../images/hdr_bg2.jpg") no-repeat }

Again thanks for your help...

template_styles.css

header.php

Didn't work:

Or I did a mistake or the code is not exactly like you thought in my template (so that's why I will put the 2 documents that concerns this picture in the attached files, please check them).

The two lines concerns by this picture (hdr_bg2) are:

- in header.php document: <td class="hdr_bg2">

- in template_style.css document: .hdr_bg2 { height:189px; background:url("../images/hdr_bg2.jpg") no-repeat }

Again thanks for your help...

ok

go to your header file

find

<td class="hdr_bg2">

replace with

<td style=" height:189px background: url('<?php echo DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/images/hdr_bg2.jpg'; ?>') no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;" >

If you don't secure your admin it won't make any difference.

Someone will come along and hack you to pieces and you'll probably have to start over.

:'(

Listen....

Tick... tick... tick...

That's the countdown until you get hacked.

Do something before it's too late.

:blush:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

ok

go to your header file

find

<td class="hdr_bg2">

replace with

<td style=" height:189px background: url('<?php echo DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/images/hdr_bg2.jpg'; ?>') no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;" >

It didn't work :( :( Do you have another idea ? Or maybe someone else can help me..?

(ps: and yes I know germ but I want to over with customisation before secure it...)

Every minute you wait is another minute you could get hacked and have to start over.

>_<

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Ok it worked but it was some mistakes in the code that you wrote, and because I'm a real beginner with php codes, I didn't find it directly, but after a few hours I found where were the issues:

<td style=" height:189px; background:url('<?php echo DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/images/hdr_bg2.jpg'; ?>') no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;" >

Very simple but for me it was chinese :blush:

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING vishalchauhan, you are a so great person, I tried to have help from a lot of people and you are the only one who helped me, you should be very proud to be the person you are.

Best regards.

It's still a hack just looking for a place to happen....

>_<

You might think I'm being an a$$ but in reality I'm just trying to get you to "button up" the site before someone shreds it for you.

There's no need for that to happen.

All you have to do to get yourself out of the woods for the time being is rename the admin (you have to change the config file in the admin, too) and then protect it with a .htaccess file.

You don't have to "install" anything (for now).

If you choose to leave it like it is I'll be sure and let you know you've when been hacked so you can move into the "cleanup" phase.

Because it will happen if you do nothing.

It's just a matter of time....

:'(

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

• 2 weeks later...

Hacked 09/02/2011 12:57:54

Let the cleanup commence...

excl.png

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Was that so hard?

unsure.png

Now get rid of any files they uploaded and check all the others (and the database) for changes.

I saw one file they uploaded and it's still there.

huh.png

If you had done what I suggested when I suggested it you wouldn't be in this pickle...

whistling.gif

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

I know but nobody has my website except people of this forum, so I thought that I could let it not secure until I over to customise it but I suppose that there are some fu...ing hackers here too...

And don't worry I wanted to follow your advise but I'm working a lot and didn't have a lot of time to follow these secure steps in the subject that u gave me.

AndI really don't and I never thought that you are an a$$ at all.

Which file do u mean when u say that ? Please let me know...

(sorry if I'm not speaking very well, I normally speak french)

Check your PM's.

Personally I've found no correlation between when a link is posted here and when the shop is compromised.

I've seen shops get hacked in less than a week. Others have taken several months.

The only commonality is they all get hacked eventually if they don't take measures to prevent it.

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Thanks very much,

dude I want to say that to you:

when you advised me to secure my website I was believing you and I knew that you were right, but I didn't have a lot of time (I know I should find it, stupid guy I'm...)

And uou have to know that I'm very gratefull to u that you care about my website security.

If you can help me (or somebody else), I've a last question:

How can I check that there is not anymore any corrupted files or codes in my files ? (like the one that you found ?)

I can't check every file, and even if I do, I don't know what to look for...

Again thanks, u are a great guy too...

Well securing was just a 10 mins job atleast renaming admin and password protecting.

Germ warned you multiple times but you ignored.

Hackers check for oscsid on google and some other trick so if they get that they are going to try and probably that happened.

Also some hackers might be viewing some of the threads( there are too many easy targets for them so they searching a site on forum looks a remote probability).

Any open source store or site owners should take security issues seriously and keep site updated.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Well securing was just a 10 mins job atleast renaming admin and password protecting.

Germ warned you multiple times but you ignored.

Hackers check for oscsid on google and some other trick so if they get that they are going to try and probably that happened.

Also some hackers might be viewing some of the threads( there are too many easy targets for them so they searching a site on forum looks a remote probability).

Any open source store or site owners should take security issues seriously and keep site updated.

Satish

10 minutes ? It took me a day to do the 3 first steps of the post "how to secure your website..." and I've a an issue with site monitor that didn't nstall proprely, so no it's not a 10 minute job, sorry, maybe for you because you are use to do that kind of thing but not for me...

And I already know that I've been stupid, but there is nothing on my website, so I don't know why a fuc...ing would be interested to hack me but I supposed that these guys has nothing else to do...

Finnaly I still need an answer for my question: "how can I be sure that there is not corrupted files / codes on my store anymore ?"

I stated 10 mins for admin rename and admin htaccess protect.

As this covers 90% plus of hacking.

other points will take time.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Archived