• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Inserting images in sliding caroussel

Hi guys, I'm a complete newbie, but I've at least read through the first ten pages of the forum before posting, and still no joy.

I got a template from Template Monster (now I've read the forum, I guess I shouldn't have), number 33122.

It has a feature I found cool - a rotating carousel, that you click on and it takes you straight to the relevant product.

Trouble is, I can't figure out how to insert my own images into this carousel. Template Monster is very sparse on documentation.

My partner in this project has tried to recreate the file in flash, but this solution doesn't seem right to me. It's very long, as you need to adapt three images for each product, twice for the two files (is this right?), then we would have to start all over again when a product is removed or a new product added.

I can't believe that there isn't some way of inserting the images already included.

Any ideas anybody?

Thanks

Salvador

Salvador,

Although we don't support Templates on this forum, if the carousel was coded properly, the images and relevant links would be controlled from admin>> tools>> banner manager.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Maybe I didn't use the right name. I meant the group of half a dozen pictures of featured products that flips round, not the the banner at the top of the page. Isn't that wahat the banner manager handles?

Salvador

Edited by Salvadorfreemanson

Salvador,

Whenever I configure a cart that has a carousel, I always link it to the banner manager to make it easier for my clients to change. There are many carousel's available so it would be hard to guess which you have and how you would configure it.

Chris