• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

More Pics 6 v1.4.3 with osCommerce v2.3.1

MBombardier

I have tried searching for this every way I can, even translating a page I found in Turkish, but I cannot find anything about More Pics 1.4.3 with osC 2.3.1. My apologies if I just haven't plugged the right search terms in.

Anyway, here is my question. Both the autoinstaller and I, working manually, get stuck here:

Step 5

in catalog/admin/categories.php

***FIND:

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image'] != 'none')) {

$sql_data_array['products_image'] = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image']);

}

***REPLACE WITH:

// BOF: More Pics 6

if(($HTTP_POST_VARS['unlink_image'] == 'yes') || ($HTTP_POST_VARS['delete_image'] == 'yes')){

$sql_data_array['products_image'] = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['none']);

}else if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image']) && ...etc., etc.

The code to find does not exist in catalog/admin/categories.php in osC v2.3.1. I imagine there will be other code that has been changed that I will not be able to find as well, but this is the first one.

I have nothing in my store yet, and this is the first add-on to easypopulate that I have attempted. Can someone help me this? Point me to the right thread on it?

Thanks!

Marliss

Marliss,

You should refer to the More pics Support forum, I believe members have been working on a solution for some time now.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/182676-contribution-more-pics-6-v11-for-osc-22-ms2/page__st__1560__p__1593895__hl__more+pics__fromsearch__1#entry1593895

Chris

Thanks, Chris. I was unsuccessful searching the More Pics support forum for osC v2.3.1--nothing comes up--and I was trying to save my employer money by seeing if someone could point me straight to any answers without my having to look through all 79 pages. So exploring I will go, I guess. No doubt I will learn much along the way! :)

Marliss,

Unfortunately, I don't believe a solution has been found to integrate more pics into 2.3.1 (someone correct me if I am wrong). It simply appears to not be compatible. There are Image handlers available commercially if you Google them that are similar to the More Pics Contribution but, like I said...the current More Pics does not appear to be 2.3.1 compatible.

Chris

Thanks, Chris. I was unsuccessful searching the More Pics support forum for osC v2.3.1--nothing comes up--and I was trying to save my employer money by seeing if someone could point me straight to any answers without my having to look through all 79 pages. So exploring I will go, I guess. No doubt I will learn much along the way! :)

Just checking, but you do know that V2.31 have multi-images/unlimited number of extra images per product built in?

Yes, but I wanted to use Easy Populate because I have four websites so far that I will be doing stores in, a couple of which have upwards of 200+ products. I am a total newbie, but my boss said, so I do. The one I am working on only has about 70 products, so that's the one I'm learning on.

I got an error on the spreadsheet for EP until I did the sql thing for More Pics. When I go into "More Pics" in the admin, it seems to be there without the changes to the catalog/admin/categories.php. It's a mystery, but I'm game for whatever I need to do, including backing the whole thing out and going another direction, if necessary. I learned computer science back in the mainframe days when everything had to be executed in exactly the right order and a period out of place would crash the whole program. So the way PHP works today seems almost like magic, lol.