• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping configuration

omulec

Dear All,

I've checked a lot of modules and solutions, unfortunately I didn't find a configuration that fits. Probably is a general issue for all the shops.

As some local shops, I would like to have few options for customer - pick up in the store, local delivery and courier. Self pick up is existing and it's out of the discussion. Local delivery can be found or created out of some existing, but I need to have it active only for defined city (not post codes as there is over 100 post codes in my city). Courier is existing with it's own tracking. On top of that I will use ship2pay module to show selected payments for chosen shipping method.

1) Most of the modules create the cost table related to weight. I would like however to offer free delivery for local and courier option related to a order total cost. I don't need weight restriction, so anyone would advise which code is responsible for that or suggestion how to modify that?

2) I would like to restrict local delivery to my city, so I was trying to play with the zones (countries, zones, tax zones). I can restrict the shipping zone to one of the defined tax zones that I set up related to defined zones. But I don't have any clue how the address can be related to such zone. Once registering the user have to fill some address fields that come to my mind (Suburb, Post-code, City, State/Province) but it seems that no one of those is related to a definition of the zones. Any hint on this?

Any hints on the above appreciated.

Regards

Szymon