• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

google sreach result

zinor

why my website have a long name in result of google search ?

it is mydomain/index.php?Vsid=aa6e27f34b4d31adf3b5c77606c1378c ?

while other website have a small address in their home page like www.theirdomain.com ?

That long list of characters is the session ID and should not be listed in the search engine listings. Be sure you have the prevent spiders option set to true in admin->configuration->sessions.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

That long list of characters is the session ID and should not be listed in the search engine listings. Be sure you have the prevent spiders option set to true in admin->configuration->sessions.

i tried it and lots of other add ones but in fact it did not work ! even i installed SAMs killer Vsid but it did not work too , you know just category & the files in information box files have Vsid . do you have any other solution for me my brother ?

thanks for your kindness

i tried it and lots of other add ones but in fact it did not work ! even i installed SAMs killer Vsid but it did not work too , you know just category & the files in information box files have Vsid . do you have any other solution for me my brother ?

thanks for your kindness

If you are saying that there are search engine listings with a session id, the simple approach is to clear your sessions table which will make the sessions invalid. This assumes you are ony talking about a few links. If you have a thousand links and they all have session id's, then you would want to use a coding solution. But if you have that many, I suspect something is not right in your shop, especially if you have had the prevent spiders setting set since August, at least.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

If you are saying that there are search engine listings with a session id, the simple approach is to clear your sessions table which will make the sessions invalid. This assumes you are ony talking about a few links. If you have a thousand links and they all have session id's, then you would want to use a coding solution. But if you have that many, I suspect something is not right in your shop, especially if you have had the prevent spiders setting set since August, at least.

thanks JACK

i have a few session id VSID in my eshop also i did all setting in admin side but yet i have problem also i tried

Spider Session Remover but as i told you above i got 500 internal server error with it ?!

Any change you make will not be immediate. The search engines have to look at that link when spidering your site. It might be tomorrow or two months from now. You can try contacting them and ask that they remove the links. Sometimes they will - sometimes they won't. Otherwise, you just have to wait.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Any change you make will not be immediate. The search engines have to look at that link when spidering your site. It might be tomorrow or two months from now. You can try contacting them and ask that they remove the links. Sometimes they will - sometimes they won't. Otherwise, you just have to wait.

my brother JACK just an important point is that the VSID is not limited just to search engines and sometimes i saw in my browser too !

1) Ensure your configure file is setup correctly. There are example configure files available on the forum.

2) Ensure your spiders.txt file is updated. http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2455

3) In Admin - Configuration - Sessions, set Prevent Spider Sessions to True, Recreate Session to True.

4) http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7163 - To remove osCsid URLs from Search engine listings, alternatively if you use Header Tags SEO the canonical code is built in.

1) Ensure your configure file is setup correctly. There are example configure files available on the forum.

2) Ensure your spiders.txt file is updated. http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2455

3) In Admin - Configuration - Sessions, set Prevent Spider Sessions to True, Recreate Session to True.

4) http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7163 - To remove osCsid URLs from Search engine listings, alternatively if you use Header Tags SEO the canonical code is built in.

thanks for your great post Ashley

hey all guys , you know my website did not have any Vsid in google search results now but in my browser sometimes every pages have Vsid and sometimes non of my pages have it !!!

For a correctly configured site the session id's should show for the first clicks after arriving on your site and then disappear.

Unless you have "Force Cookies" enabled, then they should not show at all.

For a correctly configured site the session id's should show for the first clicks after arriving on your site and then disappear.

my cookie is unable .

yes , most the time in the first visit all buttons , products and etc have Vsid and in the next visits they disappeared if you disconnected from internet then everything start from the first , i mean in the first visit you have Vsid and in the next visits they removed .

i want to know is it a problem for user ? and what about search engines ?

As long as its correctly set-up and configured and you have set Prevent Spider Sessions to "true" , then there should be no problems with spiders/bots.

Its also recommended that you update your includes/spiders.txt file , click here>>

• 4 weeks later...

I found this thread because I was looking to get rid of the oscid portion of my pages and I just saw this post.

That is exactly how my pages are acting. After a click or two the oscid portion disappears.

So my question is should I worry about installing either of the two above listed addon's designed to use 301 redirects to get rid of the search engines records of older indexed pages? Btw, I have Header tags SEO installed already too.

I've got another question.

Are there pro/cons to having "Force Cookies" enabled?

Con: Anyone who have cookies disabled in their browser will not be able to shop at your site. They will be shown a "please turn on cookies to shop" page.

Archived