• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can't access admin

kori80

So far my hosting couldn't help..I have little less then average oscommerce knowledge but I believe It is enough to point the problem which i assume It is host based. I hope you guys can help me pin point the problem so I can push the hosting with better information...

Site was up and running for the last 2 months ( 2.3.1 )and suddenly without any changes made on my side, this morning I couldn't log on to the admin. Fire fox just hangs in on loading and IE resets the user and pass fields back to empty. When I type in wrong password I get an invalid pass error. Site front seems working just fine. I just can't log in to admin.

Sent an email to hosting and they said nothing they can do and I should seek help in forums (wooah!)

They run a maintenance 10 days ago and next day the maintenance was over..This started to happen this morning.

Two things I realized...

I logged into database and If my memory doesn't trick me the collation was utf8_general_ci....now it shows latin1_swedish_ci...Now, please don't assume I know perfectly what collation means..I just googled It and found out. But I am almost certain It was utf8_general_ci before...

Can that be the problem? Because I know I didn't make that change...

Also, If It helps, I keep getting PayPal IPN Invalid Process emails..Sofar I got the same email 12 times, word by word same...Seems like the timing of the emails matches with the can't log on to admin problem..So I assume they are parallel issues. Here's the email I get:

$HTTP_POST_VARS:

mc_gross=9.75

protection_eligibility=Partially Eligible - INR Only

address_status=unconfirmed

payer_id=W2XJ51985DDY335ZYF3Z4

address_street=XXXXXXXXXXX

payment_date=13:55:18 Aug 08, 2011 PDT

payment_status=Completed

charset=windows-1252

address_zip=1122

first_name=xxxxx

mc_fee=0.68

address_country_code=CH

address_name=XXXXXXXXXXX

notify_version=3.2

payer_status=unverified

[email protected]

address_country=Switzerland

address_city=XXXXXXXXXXX / VD

verify_sign=Ags9hYr2KutSm57g6tc8ta6cqLOvINoXUA-GaQ33f1rWwD1OOTMIEYE9WZ4fBR5

payer_email=XXXXXXXXX

txn_id=XXXXXXXXXXXX

payment_type=instant

last_name=XXXXX

address_state=

[email protected]

payment_fee=0.68

receiver_id=XXXXXXXXXXXXX

txn_type=send_money

mc_currency=USD

residence_country=CH

receipt_id=XXXXXXXXXXXXX

transaction_subject=

payment_gross=9.75

ipn_track_id=eJt8nqUJ6us-5NoDIAhCwg

$HTTP_GET_VARS:

I get this email over and over again...

Any help would be much appriciated...

Kori,

Neither of your observations has anything to do with your admin access issue. I suggest truncating the administrators table, the action_recorder table and the sessions table. Then, create a new admin username and password to gain access to your admin area.

Chris

Kori,

Neither of your observations has anything to do with your admin access issue. I suggest truncating the administrators table, the action_recorder table and the sessions table. Then, create a new admin username and password to gain access to your admin area.

Chris

ok Chris I will try..Will that also solve the Paypal IPN Invalid process issue?

Kori,

Chris

Chris,

I followed your advice and emptied the 3 tables mentioned above..2 times..different users and passwords..still have the same problem..can't access admin.

Any more suggestions bud?

Hi Kori,

If you have truncated the tables and still receive the error, I am going to suggest that you have a code error on your login.php, password_func.php or validation.php files. (those are where I would look first but there may be other files that need to be checked)

Chris

Archived