• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

unable to remove fake Language icon redirecting to malware

r.atuesta29

Hello,

My website has been infected recently. Hackers inserted a third language icon that was redirecting to a malware site. I was able to break the link, however the icon is still there and is adding some trash to the url when loading any page. My domain is www.destinobogota.com and if you right click the start page, and review the code, you can see clearly the peace of trash code in the language section. It goes like this:

<td align="left" class="boxText"> <a href="http://www.destinobogota.com/catalog/index.php?language=wa&osCsid=d3afdd875b142eec3cc97a6f7e82f>

Still, i haven't found the way to clean it.

Apprecuate all help!

This is a relatively new hacking method that's going around. The hacker adds new languages and manufacturers to those tables in the database. You can delete those in your admin->Localization->Languages and admin->Manufacturers. But there are usually files added with that change so they will have to be removed too. You will also need to add various secrutiy code changes declared in many places in these forums.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 months later...

Archived