• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding WP and or SMF?

matrix2223

Hi, everyone

I was wondering if it was possible to add a WP and a SMF Forum within the same site as osc resides?

The WP Would be the main site and osc would be in catalog folder, the SMF Forum would be in the /forum/ directory as well.

I know from previous use it doesnt retain the session id, is there a way around this or does anyone have a better solution?

Thanks

Eric,

Of course you can integrate a blog or forum into the osCommerce layout, however the OSCID issue still remains. I suggest that if you are going to link from WP or SMF that you make the link open a new tab (window) to your OSC installation. This helps prevent customers from jumping out of OSC and losing the OSCID.

Chris

Thanks Chris,

I been doing some more research and looks like I can add the smf main body section to a php page and would work.

If I stumble across a fix for all this I will post my results.

Well everyone I found the answer to solve the problem and lots more.

I did some study on Joomla and there is an extension that covers WP, SMF and lot other open source programs. The link to it is here

Not sure if I am supposed to post stuff like that here or not but I figured since all of it is open source and has to deal with osCommerce I would relay my findings.

Archived