• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

admin/index.php doesn't load after install

dougdevoe

I have finally completed the install of osCommerce and have verified that the database tables and data is there etc. Once I completed the install, the last page of the install process gives me two buttons (Catelog and Administration). I naturally try to go to the Admin side first (http://mysite.com/admin/index.php) and the page first told me that it couldn't connect to the database. I then found the includes/configure.php page and discovered that none of my database information was included in that file. Once I completed the settings on the configure.php page, I refreshed my page only now to discover that nothing is loading (not even a error message).

Let me also say that I have not deleted or removed any of the install.php files yet as I have not seen an true documents that clearly outline the steps that need to happen after the install is completed. Also please not, this version of osCommerce is running on a Windows Server 2003 running PHP etc. on it.

Thanks for any immediate help that you can provide.

Doug

first of all do change for admin folder name immediately.

This is a very big security risk.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

A blank page means some error.

So check your error log.

If error log is not accessible then you need to force error display to true.

Once you know what the error is you fix and proceed.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

• 2 weeks later...

A blank page means some error.

So check your error log.

If error log is not accessible then you need to force error display to true.

Once you know what the error is you fix and proceed.

Satish

Sorry for my delay in getting back to you. I have checked my PHP.ini file and have verified the following:

log_errors = on

error_log = "C:\PHP\log"

However, when I check my log file (php.log) that is located under the "C:\PHP\log" directory, it is simply blank.

Therefore, I still can not get my Admin area to load at this time and have no way of knowing what the error is. When I try hitting the site, the browser give me a "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error" Could I be missing something in my config file?

Thanks,

Doug

Archived