• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Security warning during checkout

suscrofa

Hi, folks!

After a very frustrating month trying to get rid of a security warning that popped up for every page during checkout, with the help of netfirms.com customer service (great customer service, BTW), I have finally corrected the problem. I looked on the forums for solutions, but nothing seemed to help (or I was too dense to understand what the poster was suggesting). In case anyone else has the same problem, here is the solution:

On each page associated with the checkout process (login.php, checkout_shipping.php, checkout_payment.php, checkout_confirmation.php, and checkout_success.php), there is a line like this:

<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

This should be changed to this on all the pages mentioned above:

<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTPS_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

Maybe not an elegant fix, but it works. I used it on all three of the stores at our website (naturs-way.com) and that nasty warning is nowhere to be seen. It appeared after our website was migrated from one platform to another at netfirms.com. I hope this helps.

Lark Burnham

F.Y.I. - The cresate account page on the pet store is still screwed up.

You might check out the "SSL Implemtation Help" link in my signature.

It's usually not too difficult to "do it right".

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived