• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to structure product description

gooder

Hi,

I just had a site built on oscommerce and have just started to add my content but I am having a problem organizing my products description. When I paste in my description and press preview all the line spacing and topography gets taken out and it puts everything into one paragraph with no spaces.

Example I want my description to look something like this:

Short description;

Acrylic Floor Sealer is very durable and totally colour concrete floor sealer.

The acrylic coating will resist chemical and physical wear and deterioration from virtually all sources except the most aggressive solvents. The cured sealer may be painted. Polyurethane floor finishes may also be applied to help maintain a glossy surface but this is not necessary.

Application:

1. step 1
  2. step 2
  3. step 3

But It is not showing like this, it puts it all into one little paragraph as seen here; http://valuecheminc.com/acrylic-floor-sealer-p-29.html

I hope my explanation is clear on what I wish to accomplish.

Thanks for your help in advance

Ryan,

The product description area requires HTML formatting to get it to display the way you want.

So, your product description would appear like this on the admin side:

Application:<br>

step 1<br>

step 2<br>

step 3<br>

and would appear like this to the customer:

Application:

step 1

step 2

step 3

For more HTML coding information check out www.w3schools.com/html/

Chris

You need to create a html structure that you can style then with css

Useful links html tutorial css tutorial

So your description would look like eg

<div class="my_description">
<h3>Acrylic Floor Sealer is very durable and totally colour concrete floor sealer.</h3>
<p>The acrylic coating will resist chemical and physical wear and deterioration from virtually all sources except the most aggressive solvents. The cured sealer may be painted. Polyurethane floor finishes may also be applied to help maintain a glossy surface but this is not necessary.</p>

<p>Application:</p>
<ul>
<li>step 1</li>
<li>step 2</li>
<li>step 3</li>
</ul>
</div>

This you can style then by saying in your css eg

.my_description h3{color:#f00;}
.my_description p{color:#00cc00;}
etc

You need to create a html structure that you can style then with cssUseful links html tutorial css tutorialSo your description would look like eg

<div class="my_description"><h3>Acrylic Floor Sealer is very durable and totally colour concrete floor sealer.</h3><p>The acrylic coating will resist chemical and physical wear and deterioration from virtually all sources except the most aggressive solvents. The cured sealer may be painted. Polyurethane floor finishes may also be applied to help maintain a glossy surface but this is not necessary.</p><p>Application:</p><ul><li>step 1</li><li>step 2</li><li>step 3</li></ul></div>

This you can style then by saying in your css eg

.my_description h3{color:#f00;}.my_description p{color:#00cc00;}etc

- OR -

You could do it the way George suggests. Personally, I format each description the easy way. I usually install WYSIWYG editor's on clients sites so they don't have to worry about HTML tags.

Chris

Your template is using an old, unpatched, version of osC.

Visit the link below:

How to Secure Your Site

Pay close attention to "SECURING THE ADMIN" - Yours is vulnerable.

It's easier to do a few security fixes now than to clean up a hacked store later.

And if you don't secure the admin your shop will be hacked.

It's just a question of when... Today, tomorrow, next week, next month... Take your pick.

:o

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

- OR -

You could do it the way George suggests. Personally, I format each description the easy way. I usually install WYSIWYG editor's on clients sites so they don't have to worry about HTML tags.

Chris

Is WYSIWYG editor's a free plugin? Id like to install that to my site. is there a tutorial on how to install it?

Thanks

Archived