• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Custom Category Page

aftabn10

I am currently working on building an online shop using the latest version of oscommerce 2.3. What i would like to do is to create a custom category page i.e. prescriptions but not sure if it is possible to do that? Any ideas any1, would love to know if it is possible to do this.

Thanks in advance.

If you mean that you want a specific layout for a specific category, then this is certainly possible

The way to do it depends on the "level" of the category tree you are in, and there are 2 kind of

- the level that display subcategories, this is by default the subcategories on top and under it the "new products of ..."

- the level that displays products, this is by default a table like listing where each product is on one row

So what do you want to achieve?

DunWeb, vishalchauhan and multimixer, thanks for your responses. I have a list of categories for medical products and i need to create a category called Prescriptions but rather than showing products I would like to show a page where a customer can select either an nhs prescription or a private prescription. An example of what I am trying to create can be found at:

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/prescriptions.php

I dont know if this is showing nhs prescriptions and private prescription as sub categories, but if you then select nhs prescription the customer can then select if he pays for his prescription or not, or if it is a private prescription then a field shows up to enter medicine name.

Hope that helps with what i am trying to achieve. Any help would be really appreciated, thanks for your responses once again.

Aftab,

I reviewed the reference site, to replicate it you would need to create TWO checkout process paths that would require some extensive custom coding. I don't believe there is anything currently available in the contribution area that would help you.

Chris

DunWeb, multimixer, thanks for reviewing this for me. i guess i didnt take in account what takes place when you select the type of prescription you require. What if i was to take the private prescription part out and just added the nhs prescription? would this still require extensive coding.. sorry if its a silly question, just trying to work out if i can carry this out using a different method.

Pls ignore above, I think to best suit what I can do with oscommerce I think if I can have a prescription page just explaining what they have to do for an nhs prescription and private prescription. Any ideas on that?

DunWeb, multimixer, thanks for reviewing this for me. i guess i didnt take in account what takes place when you select the type of prescription you require. What if i was to take the private prescription part out and just added the nhs prescription? would this still require extensive coding.. sorry if its a silly question, just trying to work out if i can carry this out using a different method.

Yes, it would still require custom coding to get the effect you want.

Chris

Hi

see the process of checkout page after shopping_cart.php in oscommerce.

if you are not logged in then you will redirect to login page.

i think here is the same process in prescription page, if i am not logged in then it's asking me to log in

So,, for prescription page i think you should take reference login page.

i have seen that in private prescription page, it's asking me for medicine first , find from db and display if there,

this is the same process as search result in oscommerce.... check out for search page...

Please take backup of your files before do changes suggested by me

Archived