• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC PDF Catalogue

apolyshow

I am opening this topic here because i have use the topic in osc PDF catalogue module but nobody is answering and i can get a solution.

Please help me a litle.

First the pdf file that i am opening is a mess because it can't understand the Greek Language. I had just copy the eng files to a gr directory and just translate it them .Do i have to do and something else?

Secondly the page "Download Pdf Catalogue " is a mess. You can see the mess here http://www.iliofos.g...alogue_info.php . What is wrong?

I think that my pdf file is like a mess cause i haven't found yet the problem with the greek language in my database so it takes the " 76?><>{$$%@&&&$??? " description and give me the same thing to the generated pdf.

Third do you know how and if we can modify the pdf that the module is generated?

Please give a shot here...

One amateur made the Arc, 5.000 pro made the Titanic...

Nobody knows anything???????

Andreas, looks to me like your using a contribution from osc 2.2 which needs converting to 2.3.1

Its missing the template_top and template_bottom defines I think.

Mark

Andreas, looks to me like your using a contribution from osc 2.2 which needs converting to 2.3.1

Its missing the template_top and template_bottom defines I think.

Mark

Mark i just used the osc PDF catalogue for 2.3.1 and all the instructions in there. The agly thing is that i don't know any php.

So i just wrote what he was proposing to the place that he was propose.

Can you help me a bit?

Thanks a lot

I'm not familiar with this module, but I would guess that you've got a character set encoding issue. You say that you copied over the English files and translated them to Greek, but did you forget to change any encoding settings when you did that? The English files were probably set up for Latin-1 (ISO-8859-1), which doesn't support Greek. What encoding did you use when you changed the text to Greek? See if you missed changing any "setlocale" calls, e.g., changing

@setlocale(LC_TIME, 'en_US.ISO-8859-1');

to

@setlocale(LC_TIME, 'el_GR.ISO-8859-7');

for example.

I'm not familiar with this module, but I would guess that you've got a character set encoding issue. You say that you copied over the English files and translated them to Greek, but did you forget to change any encoding settings when you did that? The English files were probably set up for Latin-1 (ISO-8859-1), which doesn't support Greek. What encoding did you use when you changed the text to Greek? See if you missed changing any "setlocale" calls, e.g., changing

@setlocale(LC_TIME, 'en_US.ISO-8859-1');

to

@setlocale(LC_TIME, 'el_GR.ISO-8859-7');

for example.

thank you MrPHIL i will check it but if you check at the page you will see that the same mess is also at the eng page.And there i have not change anything

• 3 weeks later...

Ok now i have fix the greek language code of database.

But the OSC PDF for 2.3.1 always shows chinese inside of the generated pdf file and now it is for sure a problem of this module.

Can someone help to fix that kind of problem?

Just a quick note- I installed this contribution which was supposed to be for 2.3.1 but the pages on the catalog side HAVE NOT BEEN CONVERTED TO 2.3.1. It is not difficult to convert them though and there are guides on the forums. I could never get it to let me create a catalog of specific categories so I ditched that and just use the full catalog pdf download.

Matt

I had the same problems and i have fix them with the great help of Mr. Plugger.

But i can not fix the characters problem and i can not understand the tutorial how to fix your own fonts. So the generated pdf file is ok with the english language but it is a garbage with the greek language. Does anyone have a solution?

• 1 month later...

Archived