• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to move a existing database to a new database

steve60

Hi Everyone:

I want to take a domain database that already exists and move it to a different domain. I want to keep the information the same. I understand that I will have to change the infomation that relates to the old database to the new domain name. By the way this is on a CPANEL system of which I have root access running linux.

Example: Lets say I had xxx.com and I wanted to take that database under oscommerice and move it to www.com I will also be copying everything in public_html from the xxx.com to www.com. I will of course change the template to reflect the new information. I would assume that the database for xxx_OSC1 and I will move it to www_OSC1.

The database in xxx.com has everthing I need for www.com.

I am all ears for anyone that can tell me what I have to do.

Warm Regards,

Steve

[email protected]

1) take old db data base backup.

2) Create an empty data base.

3) Now import old data base to this newly created data base.

Once this is done you change configure file in admin so that it connects to this new data base.

There will be few values in configuration that might need changes.Especially if your payment gateway needs some new configuration or file path is defined within config table.

Also if your information data has some hard coded link of previously site then you can open data base in edit plus or any editor of your choice and search for previous site link.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Archived