• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Masive Problems Please help

hotdiecasttoys

Dear Fellow OSC users,

my website is coming up with an error: Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home4/hotdieca/public_html/includes/languages/english.php:1) in /home4/hotdieca/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 45. For some reason I figure out what is wrong. My website, For some reason when I click buy item it leads me to this error. The last modification that I did before it stopped functioning was google analytics. But that was installed unsuccessfully. Can someone please help me. I really appreciate your responses in advance.

HDT

Dear Fellow OSC users,

my website is coming up with an error: Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home4/hotdieca/public_html/includes/languages/english.php:1) in /home4/hotdieca/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 45. For some reason I figure out what is wrong. My website, For some reason when I click buy item it leads me to this error. The last modification that I did before it stopped functioning was google analytics. But that was installed unsuccessfully. Can someone please help me. I really appreciate your responses in advance.

HDT

BTW when i checked the location of line 45 there is nothing on there, Should i include the code?

Hi

Some error occured in your site either in application top page or echo statement remain in application top or configure file

check your application top and configure file.

Is there any echo statement remain?

Is there any statement like it is not completed...like ; missing braces missing something like that..

Please take backup of your files before do changes suggested by me

Click the "Headers already sent..." link in my signature

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

The error message tells you that the file english.php is outputting something (at line 1) too early. Check for code left by a hacker at the beginning of that file. If it looks clean, see if there are any blanks, spaces, tabs, or other stuff before the opening <?php. Remove anythng found. Note: if you work in UTF-8, make sure your editor does not save a "Byte Order Mark" in the file.

Thank you everyone for your responses.

Click the "Headers already sent..." link in my signature

Dear Jim,

I ran Headsent.php and i got this

O/S = Linux.
/home4/hotdieca/public_html/includes/languages/english.php has 250 lines.
The PHP start tag is on line 1.
The PHP end tag is on line 250.
Contents from start of file to the PHP start tag:

[EF][bB][bF]<?php[0A]

-------------------------
Contents from PHP end tag to end of file:

?>

Error Messages:

The opening PHP tag is not at the start of the first line in the file.

Extended contents of the requested line [1] are:

[EF][bB][bF]<?php[0A]

Raw contents of the requested line [1] are:

Does this mean my shop was hacked or was it because i saved in UTF-8 format with the BOM? How would I fix this problem and prevent this from happening again? I am new to os commerce and was not sure if I needed to purchase some extra security measures like site lock or purchase an SSL (even though my cc transactions are processed through paypal) Thank you for your response in advance.

HDT

No - not hacked.

Take Mr Phil's advice - If you use UTF-8 save with no BOM.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

The top of my english.php file as follows:

<?php
/*
 $Id$

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2007 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

// look in your $PATH_LOCALE/locale directory for available locales
// or type locale -a on the server.
// Examples:
// on RedHat try 'en_US'
// on FreeBSD try 'en_US.ISO_8859-1'
// on Windows try 'en', or 'English'
@setlocale(LC_TIME, 'en_US.ISO_8859-1');

define('DATE_FORMAT_SHORT', '%m/%d/%Y');  // this is used for strftime()
define('DATE_FORMAT_LONG', '%A %d %B, %Y'); // this is used for strftime()
define('DATE_FORMAT', 'm/d/Y'); // this is used for date()
define('DATE_TIME_FORMAT', DATE_FORMAT_SHORT . ' %H:%M:%S');
define('JQUERY_DATEPICKER_I18N_CODE', ''); // leave empty for en_US; see http://jqueryui.com/demos/datepicker/#localization
define('JQUERY_DATEPICKER_FORMAT', 'mm/dd/yy'); // see http://docs.jquery.com/UI/Datepicker/formatDate

////
// Return date in raw format
// $date should be in format mm/dd/yyyy
// raw date is in format YYYYMMDD, or DDMMYYYY
function tep_date_raw($date, $reverse = false) {
 if ($reverse) {
   return substr($date, 3, 2) . substr($date, 0, 2) . substr($date, 6, 4);
 } else {
   return substr($date, 6, 4) . substr($date, 0, 2) . substr($date, 3, 2);
 }
}

// if USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY is true, use the following currency, instead of the applications default currency (used when changing language)
define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'USD');

// Global entries for the <html> tag
define('HTML_PARAMS', 'dir="ltr" lang="en"');

I am currently editing my code using a code editor provided by my host, there are many different formats which i can choose from such as ansi_x3.110-1983. Is that okay to use? How am I able to fix this current problem because I cannot find any empty spaces in the front of the php file

The file has the BOM at the top which you can't see in most editors, but my contribution clearly shows.

I'm not "up" on all the formats.

You need one with no BOM.

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

The file has the BOM at the top which you can't see in most editors, but my contribution clearly shows.

I'm not "up" on all the formats.

You need one with no BOM.

Dear Jim,

Thank you for your prompt response I really appreciate your help. I will try to find a way to fix this problem. If it does not work should I import a fresh copy of the english.php file?

Tommy

See if your editor has a setting to "save without Byte Order Mark". Any decent editor should. If not, you'll either have to find an editor that ignores BOMs, or change your system encoding from UTF-8 to, say, Latin-1 or Windows-1252. Either way you should see the BOM in the editor and can remove it.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /*******/*******/public_html/includes/languages/english.php:1)

First : do not display your full path you might face some hacking problems.

Now coming to your issue:

This generally happens if some special characters are getting appended to your starting <?php tag.

This will happen if you are using some editors that are not meant for PHP related developement.

So you need use proper editor and remove these special character by going to that file and deleting <? and special char(invisble) and then placing back <?php tag

Satish

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

• 2 months later...

for me the solution was emptying the sessions table.

My problem occurred when I imported a new database on my local machine (XAMPP 1.7)

after this I got the

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /*******/*******/public_html/includes/admin/languages/english.php:1)

after logging in to the admin

cleaning the sessions table did the trick

Archived