• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

All Text (no image shopping cart)

kingjohn

I am making online ordering sites for restaurants. Once I agree to make the website for the restaurant, I ask them to take pictures of the food so I can put it up on the shopping cart. Of course, restaurant owners are busy so I end up having to put the projects on hold until I get the pictures. Is there a way to have a temporary shopping cart that is all text with the oscommerce software?

I got the idea after looking at this http://www.ezwaiter.com/menu/?restid=1

I wish it were possible for me to use their software because it would make my job easier, but if I can make some variation of this with the oscommerce software I would be pleased..

Thank you in advance for your help.

KJ

Craig,

There is no 'temporary' cart similar to the one you posted.

In admin>> configuration>> Images....turn off Image Required

Chris

Thanks for your post.

When I turn off the images, there are still pages that load with images. The pattern I picked up on is that any product page with more directories within them ignores the display_image = 0 function. Also the homepage displays images.

You can view it here

www.johnsheroking.com/order_online/

Can someone point me in the right direction to change the homepage so there are no products displayed at all?

-C

Why not use images coming soon or use some free images or purchase some images and complete.

other option is to modify your template code.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Thank you for your reply..

For future readers I found the solution:

1) Under Configuration < Images - Change all the images to much smaller (mine was 20x13)

2) Create a blank image file (not white background but completely blank) and save it as .gif. Make sure the size is small too (20x13)

3) Disable Product Listing Images by going to Configuration < Product Listing - Show images = 0

That did the trick for me, for now my site has no images, check it out at

www.surfroadtaco.com/order_online/

Good Luck

Archived