• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Option Type Feature v1.4 (for osc 2.2 ms1)

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Zap

Jep you are right, that s important and I forgot to say.

I have only the text fields option type feature installed.

So I am not sure wether it works with the other contribution.

An other Problem is that i can t exclude affects on the runin Oscommerce.

I think there are non but i am not sure.

Other experiences with this feature are welcome.

Kind Regards

Kobold

Hi

here is another important addition.

When you link a product option to a product you must NOT have a product option value defined.

But after linking you must define one.

This is very improvisational but it works.

Sorry that I didn t found out an easier solution.

Kind Regards

Kobold

I have this contribution setup so that when a person enters something into the 2 text fields the price is supposed to go up 20 dollars each time. Well there's a slight problem with that in that it doesn't add the price to the total on the shopping cart page?

The shopping cart also doesn't display the products_options_name either. It just shows what is entered into the field not the actual name of the field filled in. Does anyone have any idea why it does this or if this is a bug or maybe how I can fix this?

Assault

If you want to find it you'll have to google "Assault T-Shirts" because posting my damn url in my signature is against the forum rules.

T-Shirts with an edge

Powered by OSCommerce + about 20 different custom addons and some Wordpress

ttoomey - Are you using the ConteZero contribution? If so, I'm not sure that anyone has the text fields working along with other option types. I myself haven't tried, so I can't verify that personally.

If you're using the Chandra modification, then I think some folks here could probably tell you how to fix your bug.

Let us know and mebbe even post you product_info.php options code here so we can take a look at it.

I'm just using the Chandra mod, not the multi-checkbox one, here's my product_info code:

http://www.plaksmacker.com/catalog/product_info.phps

made it a link so you can see it nice and colorized.

Assault

If you want to find it you'll have to google "Assault T-Shirts" because posting my damn url in my signature is against the forum rules.

T-Shirts with an edge

anyone?

Assault

T-Shirts with an edge

Sorry. I looked at your code quickly, but I'm not using the Chandra mod myself, so I couldn't compare it to mine. Anyone who is using it have any feedback?

http://www.plaksmacker.com/catalog/product...&products_id=31

feel free to do a test order the shop is not live. As you can see it shows up fine on the product info page but once getting to the shopping cart page the product_options_name dissappears and it does not upgrade the price to be 40 dollars more for filling in both fields.

The product_options_name also disappears in the invoice and packing slip pages too, and the checkout confirmation.

Do you recommend I use the other contribution? please respond asap I got a lunch meeting tomorrow with the big boss on this thing.

Assault

T-Shirts with an edge

I am followwing the post from teksigns on page 2 for product_info.php

i was wondering.... i am using lindas sec1_0b and i wanted to ask in comparing the files, should i or should i not do the following:

the product_info.php

:

// show weight

if ($products_options['products_attributes_weight']!=0) {

the new recommendations state:

if ($products_options['options_values_price'] != '0') {

which should i keep ?

personally, my shop doesnt' care for about weight, but still is there something i should use ?

thanks.

Option Type text not showing in email?

I've installed the 1.4 contrib, and the text value stays up until the order confirmation, but when the emails go out, or the user checks their order history, all that is displayed is TEXT.

The thing is that i've been reading this forum (all 17 or 18 pages) and its soo confusing because people are jumping from some1 else contrib to this contrib. I ask if any1 has a good copy working, to please zip it and share with the rest of us.

Thanks.

you must have a problem in your db, make sure your 0 sql entry is the TEXT option in the product_options table

plus when making the actual setup in the product attributes administration you have to make sure you set the product_options_value to the TEXT row in the drop down box, I had the same problem and this fixed it.

Assault

T-Shirts with an edge