• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Option Type Feature v1.4 (for osc 2.2 ms1)

Yes. I require only the text fields.

Which queries do i need to make this happen.

What do i need to do to integrate them.

Thanks gpraceman, for all your assistance.

Thanks too every1 else too..! :D

Just use a file comparison tool like Beyond Compare to see the file differences. Both Chandra and Linda were good about commenting their changes, so just be on the lookout for them.

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've installed Chandra's mod, 1.4. And I'm not able to get the attributes to appear on checkout_confirmation.php or in the emails. I have ALOT of customization, so I absolutely cannot revert to my backup at this point - does anyone have any ideas?

I've installed Chandra's mod, 1.4.  And I'm not able to get the attributes to appear on checkout_confirmation.php or in the emails.  I have ALOT of customization, so I absolutely cannot revert to my backup at this point  - does anyone have any ideas?

Are you using MS 2.2 or an earlier version? I am building a site locally and have it working with MS 2.2 and it does work ok. Since you have heavy customization, more than likely changes from another contribution are conflicting with the changes this contribution requires. I did have a hard time getting Linda's Attribute Sorter/Copier to work with this, so I went without it since this is more important to me. The Attribute Sorter is also part of Linda's SEC contribution. This is why I document all code changes reflecting what contribution made the change from the base code, rather than simply cutting and pasting. You may want to get a good file comparison program like Beyond Compare (if you dont have one) and go through the file changes needed by this contribution very carefully.

That's all I can suggest.

HTH,

Steve

I've installed Chandra's mod, 1.4. And I'm not able to get the attributes to appear on checkout_confirmation.php or in the emails. I have ALOT of customization, so I absolutely cannot revert to my backup at this point - does anyone have any ideas?
All the attributes? Or just the text boxes? If it is just the text boxes, make sure that you are using the same value for PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUE_TEXT_ID in your define and as the option value for those attributes. All text option names will use the same option value. If you don't, it will try to handle those options as it would the regular options and get confused. The way this appears is as a blank attribute.

When doing a lot of mods, it makes sense to make sets of backups. A before for each mod. Then you can revert out just the most recent mod if necessary. It also makes sense to test after every mod, particularly if the next mod affects the same files. Obviously all water over the dam now, but for future reference.

Hth,

Matt

Yes- all of the attributes. For example - checkboxes. If I have selected 4 items - I see this in checkout_confirmation

Product Name

- ;

- ;

- ;

-;

So - it knows that there are four attributes - but for some reason it can't find their names.

As for backups. I'm usually very uptight about backups - and make a fresh backup everytime I install something, and then again at the end of the day. Unfortunately - this catalog had a tight deadline - and I rushed to finish it. So reverting back to by pre-Chandra mod - would mean losing alot of other stuff - and I'm not sure exactly what that will be.

As for my version - where do I look for that?

Yes- all of the attributes. For example - checkboxes. If I have selected 4 items - I see this in checkout_confirmation

Product Name

- ;

- ;

- ;

-;

So - it knows that there are four attributes - but for some reason it can't find their names.

As for backups. I'm usually very uptight about backups - and make a fresh backup everytime I install something, and then again at the end of the day. Unfortunately - this catalog had a tight deadline - and I rushed to finish it. So reverting back to by pre-Chandra mod - would mean losing alot of other stuff - and I'm not sure exactly what that will be.

Product Name

- ;

- ;

- ;

-;

As for backups. I'm usually very uptight about backups - and make a fresh backup everytime I install something, and then again at the end of the day. Unfortunately - this catalog had a tight deadline - and I rushed to finish it. I was getting bombarded with "do this's" while I was in the process of installing. So reverting back to by pre-Chandra mod - would mean losing alot of other stuff - and I'm not sure exactly what that will be. Fortunately, at the last minute - the deadline was pushed back due to outside circumstances - so I have an additional week to fiqure this out.

Without looking at your code, I'd say you just made a typo. Should be one that's relatively easy to fix, though. It looks to me as if you have an extra semicolon terminating one of your lines.

I'll bet that if you take a look at your database using phpMyAdmin, you'll find that semicolons are being entered into the attribute database. If so, then the problem is in the lines that are adding the data to the database. If not, then the problem might be only in showing them in your shopping cart layout.

I hate it when one wrong character causes me hours of grief, but at least when you finally find it your trouble magically disappears.

My attributes show up EVERYWHERE (ie: shopping_cart.php) else But checkout_confirmation and the emails.

Looking through Chandra's modifications a second and third time - I realized that those files are not even touched.

Do you want we to attach some code?

Every time I saw your problem when I was installing this mod, the problem was that the PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES_TEXT_ID was either set incorrectly or that there were attributes using a TEXT type option but not using the unique (i.e. there should only be one) TEXT option value. Note: for me, the select attributes (i.e. those with drop down menus) always worked. If that's not it, the problem is almost certainly in either includes/classes/shopping_cart.php (as opposed to the one in catalog) or includes/classes/order.php.

Is your site live? Could we place fake orders there to try to diagnose this? If so, please post a link.

Hth,

Matt

I'll double, triple check those files again.

It's not just the text boxes that don't work - it's all of them - in fact I'm not even using text boxes. I'm using mostly selects and checkboxes -and neither will work.

Yes, the site is live - but... because we are so close to *finishing* I hesitate to give access for test orders - because we are in the process of cleaning up all test data - and the client is keeping a close eye on what's going on.

Doh.

I found the problem. I wasn't even using Chandra's mod - I was using ConteZero's mod - and I missed a file - classes/order.php

I am in the process of installing and configuring three carts at once - all using different mods - and I got mixed up!

Sorry to waste your time - but thank you for all the help!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have previously installed v1.4 to MS1, and I am now going to install it v1.5 to MS2.

I was wondering if anyone knew if it is possible to go back and change any of the text information when it has already been posted in the shopping cart.

Ex: If I were selling T-shirts, and I had a three text boxes. 1.) Enter 1st line of text 2.) 2nd line of text. 3.) 3rd line of text.

and I customized the t-shirt to say:

1.) I 2.) Love 3.) You All

then I put the product in my shopping cart. Then I noticed I had made a mistake, and I wanted to go back to change the 3rd line to say "You" instead of "You All".

I was wondering if that functionality could be imported, or how to go about doing that?

as well, can this database info be linked with a local program to extract this info, and use it dynamically into a program like QuarkExpress, or any Adobe products, to generate printed material on the fly from the database? This would be useful for people who screen print coffee mugs or t-shirts.

thanks, shadow

.:) shadowmaxss (:.

shadowmaxss dot com/portal

I love loaded osc distros

Marcus:

It sounds like the configure.php files may not have the changes applied to them. If you are installing this mod with a fresh copy of OSC, when you do the install for OSC, it wipes out the configure.php settings for option type feature. To correct this, you can go into the install folder, and find the install(x).php file that corresponds to configure.php, and insert the option type feature code that should get passed on when installing osc.

If this doesn't solve your problem, then go through the install instructions again, and see if you may have missed something. I have encountered that before, and it was something minor that I forgot to do from the instructions.

hope this helped...

shadow

Marcus:

It sounds like the configure.php files may not have the changes applied to them. Take a look at them and see if the option type changes you made to them are there. This happens if you are installing this mod with a fresh copy of OSC, when you do the install for OSC, it wipes out the configure.php settings for option type feature. To correct this, you can go into the install/templates/pages folder, and find the install_x.php file that corresponds to configure.php, and insert the option type feature code that should get passed on when installing osc.

If this doesn't solve your problem, then go through the install instructions again, and see if you may have missed something. I have encountered that before, and it was something minor that I forgot to do from the instructions.

hope this helped...

shadow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I have the Attribute Option Type contrib installed and it works great. I can add option to products as radion buttons, check boxes, and text fields. However I now have a need for adding text areas to my options.

I've tried to add this but seem to be getting stuck.

Has anyone added this aditional field type ?

Also, can someone explain how to add multiple text feilds and text areas to this contribution ?

Thx !