• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Option Type Feature v1.4 (for osc 2.2 ms1)

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still trying to find time to take a peek at this code, time is short and my request for more hours in the day aint gonna happen.... :sleepy:

cheers

barry

• 2 weeks later...

I have just installed this on my test board and got these errors

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at mysite/catalog/includes/configure.php:48) in mysite/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at mysite/catalog/includes/configure.php:48) in mysite/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at mysite/catalog/includes/configure.php:48) in mysite/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 32

The emoticon was'nt intended!

What goes up MUST come down

:oops: :oops: I forgot I had a mod in, and treated it as a fresh install.

re-installed (again) The text field work - whats happening to the the radio buttons ?

Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 1:22 am?? ?Post subject:    

------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyone got any idea on how to add checkboxes to this  

addon and get them to all show up correctly in the shopping cart when checked?

Got all but this working OK

I have tried to make a drop box but allas it only shows the one attribute - did anyone come up with an answer ?

Too good to give up on?

Hello everybody,

has anyone merged Chandra's option type feature with ConteZero's Attribute option type...

or at least has anybody succeeded adding text-input feature to Conte's one. I know that his text-feature is a static one and at least for me it will be usefull (not only the text-feature - all the contrib is great) but I need also a text-input feature and running both seems difficult because they have changed the same files. if anybody merged these two succesfully or successfully added text-input to conte's please let me know.

Antony

I'm doing the same right now.

To be honest I'm not a programmer, but sometimes I'm able to make a thing work. If you want we can share problems/results(?).

Right now I'm sitting on the admin/products_attributes.php.

First I've done the changes from chandra's file, and now trying to bring in conte's. But I expect to get a little confused...

I've just got myself a good file comparison program for the job!

I have installed Chandra's text Mod on one server OK and I'm going to install Conte's on the other server, when I know I can get them both to work - I will merge and have fun!!

Probably take a while!!!!

OK I have got both Mods working well on seperate servers on different shops.

All I gottooo doooo is combine 'em

Does anyone know how to make an attribute price a one off cost without being multiplied by the product quantity?

Hey pilot any news with the catalog/product_info.php?

I think I'm going crazy with it, maybe we are wrong from the beginning, somewhere I've seen a post telling that it is impossible to merge these two.

I'll try the following:

Basis will be contes mod, adding a new option type "INPUT", which corresponds to chandras "TEXT"-Option, modifying the new case "6" (=INPUT) in contes product_info regarding chandras changes, what do you think?

you're right, don't merge them. use the mod by contre as a reference to addf the features to chandras mod

Well I am adding them but the other way round. I am adding to conte's from chandras Mod and so far I have'nt broken it, but do'nt know if chandras will work when its done, but its sloooow to do it!

If it works I will certainly share the files!

shopping_cart.php, and product_info.php altered no changes in checkout_process.php

This is important to get these two together as I am desperate to have the type input and selection boxes from conte!

it is not only this, the possibility to add muliple radios and checkboxes to one superior option is perfect for me.

Yet I've "merged" all the admin-files and all files in the catalog sub-directories, remaining the shopping_cart and the product_info.

I've also contacted conte but he is too busy (damned) :(

Hopefully it will work, but to be honest I'm not very optimistic

This is tricky and a bit of guess work!

I'm going backward and forewards between the changed and original files on the same mod and then the changes between the two mods, then trying them on the server to see if it throws up! thats happened only once so far!

This what I have

<?php

if ($products_attributes == '1') {

$products_options_name = tep_db_query("select distinct popt.products_options_id, popt.products_options_name, patrib.options_type_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' and patrib.options_type_id > 0 group by popt.products_options_name order by patrib.attribute_order, patrib.options_type_id, popt.products_options_name");

echo '<b>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_OPTIONS . '</b><br>';

echo '<table border="0" cellpading="0" cellspacing"0">';

while ($products_options_name_values = tep_db_fetch_array($products_options_name)) {

//dogu 2003-02-28 BEGIN Add if statement to check product option type. If add more option types, then change this to a case statement.

if ($products_options_name['products_options_type'] == PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_TEXT) {

// dogu 2003-02-28 add query to pull attribute price and price_prefix

$products_attribs_query = tep_db_query("select distinct patrib.options_values_price, patrib.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = '" . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "'");

$products_attribs_array = tep_db_fetch_array($products_attribs_query);

echo '<tr><td class="main">' . $products_options_name['products_options_name'] . ': </td><td class="main"><input type="text" name ="id[' . TEXT_PREFIX . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . ']" size="' . $products_options_name['products_options_length'] .'" maxlength="' . $products_options_name['products_options_length'] . '" value="' . $cart->contents[$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']]['attributes_values'][$products_options_name['products_options_id']] .'"> ' . $products_options_name['products_options_comment'] ;

if ($products_attribs_array['options_values_price'] != '0') {

echo '(' . $products_attribs_array['price_prefix'] . $currencies->display_price($products_attribs_array['options_values_price'], $product_info_values['products_tax_class_id']) .') ';

}

echo '</td></tr>';

} else {

//dogu 2003-02-28 END Add if statement to check product option type.

// dogu 2003-02-28 insert closing bracket due to if statement

}

Do'nt know if it works yet!

code lines are wrapped , needs line breaks put back