• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Social networking and tell a friend buttons in product_info?

Hello,

So basically I don't have the right column on my site, and my client wants me to put social networking buttons, facebook, twitter, tell a friend. Basically like that on the product information page.

I have seen some 2.2 cobtributions for this, So I will be looking through these, but I thought I'd pick the minds of community for other more up to date solutions.

Stephan,

You didn't mention which version you are using, v2.3.1 has social bookmarking integrated into it. v RC2a has many contributions which could add one/all of the social bookmarking icons. I would suggest, to kill two birds with one stone, that you install Header Tags SEO which will help Search Engines AND integrate social bookmarking.

Chris

I found your post, and it is exactly what I need, my only problem is that I get lost at the step where you echo in social, I tried it, but it does not appear to show up in the product info page, and yes I am using 2.3.1

This is a very simple step,

I'm adding the

<p class="social"><?php echo $social ?></p>

before

<div class="buttonSet">

so it looks like this

<p class="social"><?php echo $social ?></p>

<div class="buttonSet">

You can add it to anywhere you want, top, bottom, left, right, anywhere. You can style it as you like with css

Also make sure you have the socials module enabled in admin

Archived