• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Removing "What's New In <month>" Title

fishnmgn

Greetings,

I have gone through the forums searching for how to remove the "What's New In <month>" title, but when I follow the instructions to remove it, I lose the entire page 9all my stock disappears). This makes me realize that "What's New In <month>" is not simply a label, but a container for what appears on my OSC home page.

I'm only selling a couple items, and need them all to show - but without the "What's New In <month>" title.

Can someone give me a pointer on how to remove just this title?

I apologize up front if this has already been covered elsewhere... I simply could not find it!

Thanks in advance!

Grant,

Edit the language file found in /includes/languages/english/modules/boxes/bm_whats_new.php

Chris

Grant,

Edit the language file found in /includes/languages/english/modules/boxes/bm_whats_new.php

Chris

Chris,

I have located and made the following edits to the bm_whats_new.php file:

define('MODULE_BOXES_WHATS_NEW_TITLE', '');

define('MODULE_BOXES_WHATS_NEW_DESCRIPTION', '');

define('MODULE_BOXES_WHATS_NEW_BOX_TITLE', '');

(I guessed that removing the text in between the quotes would simply mean nothing would be displayed)

After uploading changes and clearing browser cache, the "Whats New In July" is still present.

Have I done something wrong?

Again - thanks in advance for your pointers!

Grant,

In a default installation, removing the text definitions would have removed it from the catalog. Did you ctrl-F5 to refresh the page, perhaps your browser has cached the page and is displaying that for you ? Are you using a commercial template ? Some commercial templates are poorly coded.

Chris

Grant,

In a default installation, removing the text definitions would have removed it from the catalog. Did you ctrl-F5 to refresh the page, perhaps your browser has cached the page and is displaying that for you ? Are you using a commercial template ? Some commercial templates are poorly coded.

Chris

Chris,

Guess it helps to read the title....

Your instructions did work, however the "What's new in July" has been replaced by "New Products For July". So I'm off to find what I'm guessing will be a bm_new_products.php file.

Am I on the right track?

Thank you gracious Sir!

Thanks Chris!

Chris,

I located and edited the following file:

OSC - includes - languages - english - products_new.php

I removed the text within the quotes and uploaded. CTRL F5'ed my browser but the "New products For July" still appears.

Can you pont me to the correct file I can edit to remove this title?

Thanks so much!

/catalog/includes/modules/new_products.php

This code:

<h2><?php echo sprintf(TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS, strftime('%B')); ?></h2>

Just "comment it out" like this:

<!--
 <h2><?php echo sprintf(TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS, strftime('%B')); ?></h2>
//-->

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived