• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What has happened?...

AaronHaach

Everything was working fine, then i opened up my includes/footer.php file and see there was an syntax error on line 13 ( the top line)

<ul class="left">

<li><?php echo '<a href="'. tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) .'"' . 'class="menu"' . '>'. 'home' .'</a>'; ?></li>

<li><?php echo '<a href="'. tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) .'"' . 'class="menu"' . '>'. 'one link' .'</a>'; ?></li>

<li><?php echo '<a href="'. tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) .'"' . 'class="menu"' . '>'. 'one link' .'</a>'; ?></li>

<li><?php echo '<a href="'. tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US).'"' . 'class="menu"' . '>'. 'contact' .'</a>'; ?></li>

</ul>

<?php

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'counter.php');

?>

<div class="grid_24 footer">

<p align="center"><?php echo FOOTER_TEXT_BODY; ?></p>

</div>

<?php

if ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic', '468x50')) {

?>

<?php

}

?>

<script type="text/javascript">

$('.productListTable tr:nth-child(even)').addClass('alt');

</script>

for some reason i re uploaded it and now ive lost the white bits between my content area and my columns, i have also lost the footer?

Please help :(

Aaron

Brilliant. Dont worry i have managed to fix it. I simply replaced the file with a backup i had. Simple :)

I worry when something goes wrong and dont think straight!...

Thanks

Aaron

George, i was following a guide on here to change the width of the store. If you visit my website http://absolutesupplies.co.uk/store/index.php

you will see that there is a thin white line around the header image and around the outside of the main content area.

i wanted to get rid of this line but i have had no success in doing so. ive been following alot of your tutorials on your website and they have been extremely helpfull

thanks

Aaron

The "wite lines" are the 5px margins set by the 960 stylesheet and not connected to the total width of the store

You will need to give to each container that uou want to be "full width" the actual with of eg 960 pixels as an inline style and add an alpha class to eliminate the margin eg

<div class="grid_24 alpha ui-widget infoBoxContainer" style="960px"> for the breadcrumb area

How is this connected to the footer?

PS I really believe you should pay your brother for the opportunity you got to learn instead of thinking how much to charge - lol :)

Thanks for your fast reply. Im going to give that a try and ill post back my results

Haha George, there is no way i am paying him! Maybe he can buy me something nice for my birthday in 2 weeks. :lol:

Archived