• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order Totals are Wrong on checkout.php

beebee99

Hi forums.

I hope someone can help with this problem. We have a OS cart that has the one page/quick checkout. On the order totals page (checkout.php) the totals are not adding up.

The sub total is fine. The tax it charges for California is fine. The shipping shows us correct. However when it makes the grand total it is off by a few cents up to almost $2 dollars. The site is shipping by weight if that helps.

When I pretend to be someone outside of California the total is fine, it's only when it tries to apply tax does the entire total get messed up, even though the tax line item it correct.

Has anyone had this problem before or knows how I might correct this? Ive tried everything I could think of, evening removing the tax then adding it back. No luck.

Bill,

How many decimal places do you have the tax set at ? For example if your tax rate is 12.5% it would make a difference compared to your tax rate being 12.875

Chris

Good question. The tax is set to 7.2500 which is 7.25%. I don't see how this would be wrong. I only know that when the tax is applied for California it messes up the grand total. So strange. Any other ideas?

It appears it has to do with the order in which the tax appears. So it is wrong when the order is:

Priority

1 Subtotal

2 Tax

3 Shipping

4 Total

But when I switch the Tax and Shipping the total is RIGHT:

Priority

1 Subtotal

2 Shipping

3 Tax

4 Total

But then it charges the wrong tax because in that order it charges tax on the sub total and the shipping which I do not want. Please help!!!

@kymation: It is not charging tax on the shipping when it is in the old order of priority.

When I change the order so the shipping is before the tax then it charges tax on the shipping but the totals are right. Anyway you look at it there is a problem. I am sure there is a super easy solution to this? Someone, anyone?

I've figured this out. I hope this post will help someone else in the future.

I had my "table rate" shipping in "Shipping Modules" set to "Tax Class" --> "Taxable Goods". Once I changed that to "none" everything was fine. So stupid to have missed that.

Archived