• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

please help! oscommerce login page has gone

deano-iow

Hi

I Hope someone can help! after having a problem a hack on our site, they managed change our login details!! we went through the steps through myadminphp to remove the administrator and get ourselves back in but now all we are getting is this

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

web/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

the site is still functioning including the online catalog but we have no access through oscommerce login, i can still access through dreamweaver and access the database.

Dean,

That is not related to the administrators table that you truncated to get access to the admin area.

Check your /admin/includes/configure.php file to ensure the database information is correct. If it is, you may need to replace the following as hackers have been known to alter them

/admin/administrator.php

/admin/includes/functions/password_funcs.php

/admin/includes/functions/validations.php

Chris

Hi Chris thanks for your reply

the configure file details are correct for the database and i have just tried replacing the 3 php files you suggested but still no change?

they managed to change our login and password or at least disable it but by us then deleting the admin login from the database to try and reset it, i fear we have made the situation worse.

dean.

Dean,

The issues you are describing are the MO for a well known Turkish hacker. You have to check every single line of code, in every single file to ensure all of the files are clean. There are other files that also effect log in process in admin but those 3 are the most commonly hacked.

Chris

thanks chris but i probably wouldnt recognise any code that was out of place as my experience of coding is very limited, i am seriously thinking of wiping the site and starting again, as i just cant be sure that they havnt altered loads of files,

its a shame alot of work may go to waste and i am a little worried it will happen again if we upload the site again? we had only been live for a month and our experience of oscommerce had been extremely positive till this happened.

www.shop4whisky.com its even more annoying they have left the site functioning

Dean,

If you have a CLEAN backup, you could load it and then secure.

If not, then you may want to create a new site using v2.3.1 which has a much stronger code base.

Chris

Thankyou for you time and help Chrisi shall make some of these changes now!Dean

Dean,

Make ALL of the suggested changes, not just some.

Chris

Dean,

The issues you are describing are the MO for a well known Turkish hacker. You have to check every single line of code, in every single file to ensure all of the files are clean. There are other files that also effect log in process in admin but those 3 are the most commonly hacked.

Chris

It looks like my site was hit too. What is the hacker getting out of this? Is it merely annoying or is the hacker getting passwords, credit card numbers, and personal information? All my customers are long-term repeat customers. I'd like to reassure them that their personal lives have not been shattered. Tom

Tom,

The hacker will TAKE whatever he can get. All information is valuable to some market. Customer names, addresses and phone numbers can be sold to marketing firms (telemarketers), if your site collects credit card information (which it should not unless you are PCI DSS compliant) the hacker would sell those credit card numbers to anyone who would want to buy them. Hackers can also just redirect traffic from your site to another site willing to pay for hits.

There are many reasons hackers do what they do, none of which are moral or legal.

Chris

Archived