• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

border around products on the home page

Hello

I have oscommerce 2.3.1 installed and was wondering how I can put a border around each of the products and the products text and price on the home page

Can anyone help me on how to do this please

Thank you

Ian

what is the heading of the products on the main page?? Is it New Products for the month??

If it is open your includes/modules/new_products.php find line 33

<td width="33%" align="center" valign="top" >

and change to

<td style="border:1px solid blue;" width="33%" align="center" valign="top" >

Hello

Yeah it is called New Products For July

If I change it to say Featured Products, What would I do then to get a border around each of the products

Thank you

Ian

Hello

I did what you said but it didn't add a border around each product

I changed <td width="33%" align="center" valign="top" > to <td style="border:1px solid blue;" width="33%" align="center" valign="top" >

But did't work

Would you know why

Sorry

Thanks

Ian

Hello

I did what you said but it didn't add a border around each product

I changed <td width="33%" align="center" valign="top" > to <td style="border:1px solid blue;" width="33%" align="center" valign="top" >

But did't work

Would you know why

Sorry

Thanks

Ian

I'm going to give you some different advise. I wouldn't suggest trying to put your styles inline, rather use your CSS. Here is a simple example.

Open catalog/stylesheet.css

Add To the bottom of the sheet.:

.newproductsbgtd {
background-color:#3FF; /* this color should make it obvious what area you're working with.. change it to suit your needs or remove if if not needed */
border-top: solid 1px #300;
border-right: solid 1px #300;
}

Open catalog/includes/modules/new_products.php

FIND:

$new_prods_content .= '<td width="33%" align="center" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products['products_image'], $new_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br /><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . $new_products['products_name'] . '</a><br />' . $currencies->display_price($new_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($new_products['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</td>';

CHANGE TO:

$new_prods_content .= '<td width="33%" align="center" valign="top" class="newproductsbgtd"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products['products_image'], $new_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br /><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . $new_products['products_name'] . '</a><br />' . $currencies->display_price($new_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($new_products['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</td>';

Again this is a very basic example. The only thing I'm doing is creating a class, and adding it to the <td> there are more tags you can add classes to, like the <table> and <tr>

Archived