• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Doesn't everybody use cookies?

rfwoolf

So DunWeb just told me about OSCID -- and that's when I discovered my site has bugs if you don't use cookies.

So I'm going to try to fix any issues - but I wonder, doesn't everybody use cookies? Probably 99.9% do.

I'm busy searching through all my php files for bad href links and converting them to tep_href_link -- but maybe it's not that big a deal.

So DunWeb just told me about OSCID -- and that's when I discovered my site has bugs if you don't use cookies.

So I'm going to try to fix any issues - but I wonder, doesn't everybody use cookies? Probably 99.9% do.

I'm busy searching through all my php files for bad href links and converting them to tep_href_link -- but maybe it's not that big a deal.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/330479-what-is-the-oscsid-why-you-must-not-loose-it/

Yeah, thanks Hotclutch -- by the way I'm a South African too!

I had subsequently read that and another thread that says cookies SHOULD BE FORCED because not having cookies is 'old hat' and is a security vulnerability.

So the actualy answer I was looking for is "yeah, everybody should use cookies - so force cookies and don't worry about it" -- but I wasn't able to confirm what happens with spiders and crawlers - they don't use cookies, so it would be stupid for force them to.. :S

Archived