• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Transfer to another host is not easy...

kostas34

Good evening ... any help guys

I had to move the site to another host provider because of constant hack attacks. (This issue really do not know what to do only a weekly backup, but the predicament is not very wrong).

I got a hosting package and placed the files of the previous site in an addon domain package.

Transfer all files by ftp in the folder. Change file configure.php, export and inport database ....

(Really do have to install''.... Tar.gr''backup file from the cpanel, instead of the whole directory??? On the other hand anybody in the forum is talking about aftov way ...)

To frontend of the site plays flawlessly.

In the following backend is absurd ... 1. In the list of products brings a message that it finds the folder with the pictures ...''Error Error: Catalog images do not exist: / home / public_html / mysite.gr / osc / catalog / images /''and there are properly written in configure.php.'', so can not see the pictures.

And 2. Not so in the section modules with payments etc no available modules, so it can not complete the order.

If it is something that can be resolved summarily and you can share I would appreciate it tremendously.

Thanks for your time ... Costas.

First, the host should transfer it for you. If not, you may have chosen the wrong host. Beyond that, if the shop side works, then the problem is in the admins configure file. You have to provide the path on the server and my guess is that that is incorrect but only your host can say.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Costas,

Although at times it is the hosting provider's lack of server security that allows websites to be hacked, in MOST cases it is software vulnerabilities that cause the site to be hacked. So, moving your site to a new host MAY NOT solve your hacker problem. You may want to look at the version of osCommerce you are using and clean and secure it.

As for the hosting provider not installing it for you as Jack mentioned, that type of service from large providers has long since ceased, although they may assist in helping you resolve issues in this case I suggest that it is your permissions and your configure.php settings causing the problem.

Chris

Thanks a lot guys for your reply...checking the configure.php file is one of my first job that i done when i transfer the site...the path is total correct (i try to download the image and module file and upload it again, because i change the configure.php last in the row) and i let you know.

With the security subject do you have to propuse any tips, opinion, advise...i use oscommerce 2.2 rc2

Archived