• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Transfering oscommerce 2.2 to another host provider..

kostas34

Did anyone can write a simple quide ...step by step...transfering a os commerce site to a new host provider..???

I see post tha say you take the hall directory via ftp...(i do this and look behind what i take back)...i wounder via cpanel and with the opinion for the backup..what you take ? How can you use the this backup to make you site live?

What i have dane so far.

1.i took the hole elements from the previous web provider via ftp client and upload all the directory to the new

2....i export the database from the previous and i import to the new via php my admin.

3. i change the two configure files with the right values....but nothing...i take this '' http://inlitho.gr/public_html/osc/catalog/index.php?language=en''Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/usesolar/public_html/inlitho.gr/public_html/osc/catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Whats going on..i cant understand...i change the permissions to the configure file but its steel the same...

Anyone that can help.....please

dear friend i solve the problem ...i move the folder osc to another position and everything works...put three of my pages is not appear the greek symbols but symbol like ''?????????????????//'' istead. Do you have any suggestion.

Archived