• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

white spaces at the end of files

Jeremiah5615

so I was changing some stuff in one of the files and as soon as I uploaded it I get the good ol headers already have been sent error bla bla index.php:1 ) sessions.php line 102. So I say to myself great time to find the white space...I start going through all the files and I am not sure if I did something wrong during installation or if this is normal, but almost every single file has a white space extra line at the end...Ive gone through 100 files now and fixed them, and ill do the rest tomorrow, but is this normal or did something seriously go wrong :o

What are you using to edit files? You need a real code editor that can handle PHP. Notepad++ is one possibility.

Not all files will give an error when you have extra whitespace. The files that have extra spaces in the original download don't need to be fixed. This is only a problem in files that you edit.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

What are you using to edit files? You need a real code editor that can handle PHP. Notepad++ is one possibility.

Not all files will give an error when you have extra whitespace. The files that have extra spaces in the original download don't need to be fixed. This is only a problem in files that you edit.

Regards

Jim

yeah i slapped myself in the face after I figured out what was wrong...I used to use expressions to edit files and it saved index.php as the wrong file type..I had switch to notepad++ a while ago and just never realized that index.php was saved as BOM

Thanks for the reply though!

Archived