• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

order staus descriptions.

gshutzy

could someone please explain to me the different order status and their meaning. i have an order that has moved on from preparing (paypal standard) to pending. i have not received any monies from pay pal so was wanting to know what the different status are.

thanks

Graham,

The default status for PayPal orders is determined in the PayPal payment module. If your default status is set to Preparing PayPal Standard, then that status will appear on all orders regardless of payment type (unless otherwise defined in the payment module). Once payment is verified, the status would be updated to processing or whatever the next status is.

I guess the answer is, however you set it up is how it will be displayed. Order status really is not important unless you are selling virtual products in which case the download status flag would determine if the product is paid for and then subsequently downloaded.

Chris

hi thanks chris, the default is preparing(paypal standard)i do not have any other payment methods available so what could cause the order status to move to the next stage ie. pending.

Archived