• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

c path and sub directories

detoner

Hi

Can anybody help me - I am using this code - in the includes/function/general.php file to add a category description to each category listing but

// Return category description by +++++frofi+++++

$description_string = sprintf('Nothing here');

function tep_cat_description() {

if ($_GET[cPath] == "73") {

$description_string = sprintf(TEXT_CAT_KYLIE);

}

if ($_GET[cPath] == "30") {

$description_string = sprintf(TEXT_CAT_ORGANIC);

}

// Do not add anything below this line

return $description_string;

}

// End of Category description

a - how to you code it for subcategories - eg cPath=27&cID=60 - I have tried [cPath] == "27_60" but that didn't work

and secondly how does it work by manufacturers e.g. mID=16 - this is different to cPath ?

Thanks

Dawn

I would do the whole thing differently

1) add one more field to DB table categories_description called "my_description" or anything you like

2) alter file catalog/admin/categories.php to make a text field so tha I can add the descriptions (you can add this wherever the "categories_name" is present in that file in a similar manner)

3) alter file catalog/index.php, to query for "my_description" together with categories_name

4) alter same file (index.php) to display that description in any way I like

For manufacturers same thing, table is manufacturers_info, and admin file is manufacturers.php (follow the entries for manufacturers_url) and similar changes in index.php

That's much better, so you don't have to change the function each time you add a category

1) add one more field to DB table categories_description called "my_description" or anything you like

2) alter file catalog/admin/categories.php to make a text field so tha I can add the descriptions (you can add this wherever the "categories_name" is present in that file in a similar manner)

3) alter file catalog/index.php, to query for "my_description" together with categories_name

For manufacturers same thing, table is manufacturers_info, and admin file is manufacturers.php (follow the entries for manufacturers_url) and similar changes in index.php

That's much better, so you don't have to change the function each time you add a category

sounds like a better solution but would take me a while to figure this out

In the short term i would like to know how to add the subcategories ?- - can you answer how you call the subcategories using cPath?

found this contribution which does it for category descriptions

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2343

anybody else looking for this function works well and adapted for 2.3.1

Archived