• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I can't figure it out...

kori80

guys I am really lost...

Fresh 2.3.1 install, no addons just added extra banners with couple lines of coding..Basic website.

USPS Shipping module installed, working great..

Paypal Standard Installed..working with most of the customers but 2 of the customers complained about not being able to complete orders...

I've tried to contact them to get more info about the matter but no luck...

I keep getting not completed orders in admin.

Since the website became live (3 weeks)...It successfully completed 8 orders without any glitch..but 2 of the potential customer attempts were obviously fail.

Here are two emails I received from the customers about the checkout..

First I thought paypal blocked duplicate payments since I chose the option while setting paypal up. I saw 3 same orders in admin from the same person but no paypal payment received.

So I send customer an email saying...

-Case I-

Dear Mr. Smith,

We have received 3 duplicate orders for your blah blah. We are assuming this is an accident. Since our website has a security feature regarding duplicated orders, payment has not been received. Please contact Paypal and inform them to release only one payment so your order can be processed. Thank you.

and received an email back from the customer...

I apologize for re-submitting the order but having issues with paypal. I have bought numerous items on ebay and the like using paypal and never had a problem like this. I get to the paypal page and it won't let me go any further. I will try and contact them.

never heard back from him again...

So I called paypal to make sure all is good on my side. The rep, went to the site, placed an order and processed it and said everything works just fine.

Of course, I placed and successfully checked out orders before lots of time so I can not really address what the problem could be..It goes smooth when I test it. I only tested in one computer tho, will test again in different computers as soon as I get a chance.

-Case II (another customer)

Creates an account, not sure If he confirms the order or not, but I haven't seen any new orders in admin. Anyway, he sent me an email literally saying...

How do I Pay? I have been trying to order the blah blah and it keeps kicking me back to your site.

and I reply with an email to get more info..

Mr. Smith II,

After you confirm your order on our website, is your web browser automatically takes you to the paypal's checkout page where you type in your paypal or credit card information to complete the purchase?

and I get a response...

I saw that it was trying to take me to paypal but it oils error out

and I try to bribe the customer for more info,sending an email..

Thank you.

If you could let us know the exact error, we will be happy to make up for your

time and add extra replacement parts for your blah blah for free.

Help guys! All of these customers are from google searches...Im missing out. Could it be a browser error? I know IE doesn't like OScommerce..One last thing..both customers were interested in products which are in the same category..I went thru all the products in that category to see if there's anything wrong..but couldn't find an error.

Any ideas?

www.rcroanoke.com

both customers tried to purchase the products under "falcon x parts" category..

Rather than lose these customers who have trouble linking to PayPal from my site, I offer them the option of selecting "send me a PayPal request for Payment" email. They then pay that way. This is actually the COD option in OSC which I have reworded. It is not the solution, but it is a work around for now in order to not lose sales. What PayPal method have you set up in the shop - PayPal Express, Standard or Pro etc? PayPal standard works better for me.

Rather than lose these customers who have trouble linking to PayPal from my site, I offer them the option of selecting "send me a PayPal request for Payment" email. They then pay that way. This is actually the COD option in OSC which I have reworded. It is not the solution, but it is a work around for now in order to not lose sales. What PayPal method have you set up in the shop - PayPal Express, Standard or Pro etc? PayPal standard works better for me.

It's paypal standard...That's the only payment method available on my site and seems to be working great with other customers. But somehow these 2 can't complete the purchase..Weird thing is they are both interested in purchasing from the same category..An hour ago I just received another order, customer bought products from a different category, paid and everything is great..Others still having the problem :(

Archived