• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Linkpoint API problems

Mavfrank

Hi and thanks for reading.

I'm relatively new to OScommerces as far as adding new modules. I've been plinking around in it for a year or so but never needed to add anything as what I needed was already there. Now I have a site that needs the linkpoint API installed and it seems to me it isn't that hard but I think I wore out the developers as they stopped responding to my emails.

Here is what I understand and please correct me if I'm wrong. I download the mod from here http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4255

Now according to what I've read I have to have an SSL, the PEM file placed on the server and port 1129 open for this to work. I then take the files in the zip and upload them to the server in their respective places and I should then be able to go in the admin of OScommerce and see the newly added mod. However; I tried that once before and didn't see it so I loaded up the 'linkpoint connect' one that is for html transactions and that seemed to work. So I went in and deleted just the linkpoint items and when I went back into the admin almost everything was gone. Paypal and a bunch of other things were not showing up anymore.

So since I don't have a lot of items we deleted that install of OScommerce and the associated DB and reinstalled and everythign was back. Now before I go in and try this again I want to make sure I understand what I'm doing better.

Is the process I laid out correct?