• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Something's going wrong - installing in a sub-directory.

arukknet

Hey,

I'm sorry, I'm not exactly sure which version of oscommerce I'm using, though I'm assuming it's an older one because it's around 2007.

I'm installing to a sub-domain.. So store.arukknet.com = www.arukknet.com/store . And things seem to constantly go

wrong :3 For some reason my host wont let me chmod my config file. I've contacted them about it. Anyways, when I try to go into one

of my categories (For instance: store.arukknet.com/index.php?cPath=25_31) It returns an error saying:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '31'

[TEP STOP]

And that's all it says. No matter what I go into. Am i doing something wrong? Do i need to change file permissions on a folder? What else could it be?

Thanks ahead :)

( PS. Sorry if i posted this in the wrong section, I'm new to the computer world in general :3 )

Yes, that is the MySQL v5 problem, where operator precedence has been changed to bring it in line with SQL standards. It means that you have to add parentheses () around comma-separated lists of tables to the left of any JOIN operator. Presumably you found a patch that does that.

Is there some reason that you choose to start out now with an obsolete version of osC? It's just going to cause you more trouble down the line, with its MySQL 5 incompatibility, its PHP 5.3 incompatibility, and many many security vulnerabilities. You really should be starting out with the current version, 2.3.1. If you insist on using an old version, at least patch the worst of the security holes, starting with: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=313323 .

As for the inability to chmod your config file (I presume you're trying to chmod 444 both your configure.php files), be aware that many hosts no longer permit FTP clients to request a chmod operation. You need to go into your host's control panel > file manager to change permissions on a file. If you do it from FTP or so other remote access, it will say it complied, but in reality it ignored the request.

Archived