• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help! Disappearing products

chloe1978

My first time on a forum!

I'm getting increasingly frustrated with this problem that I've had ever since I started using OS Commerce about a year ago. It seems that the longer I spend in the admin/back end area of the database the more products data disappears. It leaves just a blank space in the listing, takes the product out of stock, indicated by a red dot, but all the text is erased.

I was in there yesterday trying to upload new images and as I was editing the individual product, others seem to be wiped of info.

Please help, it seems like a really unstable program, almost too scared to ammend anything.....

Thanks,

Chloe

The only time I have ever heard of this issue is when people have security holes in their site which others are exploiting. Have you done all the security updates to your site?

Thats the only thing reason I have seen anybody have this problem in the last 7 years of posting on these forums. Maybe somebody else would know of another reason.

The only time I have ever heard of this issue is when people have security holes in their site which others are exploiting. Have you done all the security updates to your site?

Thats the only thing reason I have seen anybody have this problem in the last 7 years of posting on these forums. Maybe somebody else would know of another reason.

Yes, I believe we performed all those security updates some time ago, I've had this issue from day one. Really makes me want to stop using it as I'm constantly having to re-enter lost text although the images remain

This can happen if you make mistakes in editing admin/categories.php. The error results in wrong or blank values being submitted, which then overwrite the text in the database. Try replacing that file with a fresh copy from your osCommerce download and see if the errors stop.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Archived