• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

is it possible to have a page showing categories products?

lia_green

I have 5 categories and each category has 10-20 items. I would like to create a page where only the items in each category show up.

For example, first category is "shirts" when they click on this link a page is generated that shows all the products in this category (t-shirts, sweaters, buttond down, etc). Each item would show thumbnail and "buy now" button , and product name that would link to product info page.

Is this possible?

thank you!

No, it's not happening now. The navigation in the site I'm working on was modified. Currently each product is linked to "product_info.php" with no category page in between. I'd like the main category to go to a products show all page. Can you tell me which php page would offer up the categories? If I can find the correct page (which may have been deleted) I know how to integrate it.

thanks

This sounds like the default osCommerce behavior.

Does this not happen in your store now?

The page is catalog/index.php that include for creating the listing a module from catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php

From what you say, maybe the whole problem is just a linking thing and files are ok. Try to access a category directly eg mydomain.com/index.php?cPath=1

http://mydomain.com/index.php?cPath=1 took me back to the index page. The current index.php was modified with a flash intro which I am removing.

I added: <?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES_MODULES . 'product_listing.php'); ?> to a test page and got "Warning: main(DIR_WS_INCLUDES_MODULESproduct_listing.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in" message

on the catalog side, it is just called DIR_WS_MODULES, remove the INCLUDES, I think that should do the trick for you

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Archived