• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

language-dependent banners

OSC-Sevilla

if you ignore the javascript on the catalog side, but otherwise follow the installation instructions, wouldn't you then have pretty much what you want ?

Given your list of contributions isntalled, I assume you are able to make small changes to existing code and might understand how to change banner functions to include languages ...

I've changed my functions quite a bit, with this and other banner fine tuning, can't just handover the code to you, but it's not that hard to do ...

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

if you ignore the javascript on the catalog side, but otherwise follow the installation instructions, wouldn't you then have pretty much what you want ?

Given your list of contributions isntalled, I assume you are able to make small changes to existing code and might understand how to change banner functions to include languages ...

I've changed my functions quite a bit, with this and other banner fine tuning, can't just handover the code to you, but it's not that hard to do ...

Understood - will post a add-on once completed

If like me your getting really tired of having to keep typing IMAGES/"banners/.."

AT line 64 (banner_manager.php):

$banners_image->set_destination(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES .'banners/'. $banners_image_target);

add the bit in bold.

OK - So we would like to make our lives at much easier.

see image attached:

OK - so you are going to upload a NEW banner for Spanish language.

your folder are IMAGES/BANNERS/SPANISH or IMAGES/BANNERS/ENGLISH, etc...

I would like it that when you slected the language it changes the upload directory on the fly.

Can some one help me.

I have this thus far: (banner_manager.php)

around line 299:

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_BANNERS_IMAGE_TARGET; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES .'banners/'.(tep_draw_pull_down_menu('banners_image_target', $languages_data, $bInfo->language_id).'/'. tep_draw_input_field('banners_image_target')); ?>

</td>

**i think the only problem i am having is that the language in the drop box is not setting a value when the page is saved so instead for saving in

IMAGES/BANNERS/SPANISH/ .... IMAGES/BANNERS/

You will note that the second screen shot includes the text box to add attitional /FOLDER/FOLDER/FOLDER if required.

Pls Help .- I am sure its a 5min job to thoses who are savy.

Archived