• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin password changed

rob6566

Hi,

I'm working on a new install of OSCommerce, and I'm new to OSCommerce.

I added a hashed password for the admin user to the database. eg: 'Update administrators set user_password=c1e248ca...'

I logged in successfully with this and played around a bit. When I came back a couple of hours later, I found that I couldn't login any more. After attempting to login 6~ times, I had a look at the database. I found that the password in the administrators table had changed to '$P$D2yY...'.

Does anyone know what would cause the password to change, and how I can stop it?

I've got a .htaccess/.htpassword on the /admin folder as well, if that's relevant.

Thanks,

Rob

you are not supposed to enter a password directly to the database table. that password has to be encrypted and written to the database by the script that deals with password. your option now is try to use "password fogotten?" facility on the login page.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

Archived